jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

is it better to have inner-strength or cleverness?

1. pearlmacb profile image73
    pearlmacbposted 7 years ago

is it better to have inner-strength or cleverness?

which would be of more advantage? because I see over time in both my proffessional settings & private life those with inner strength -success is assured as a result of perserverance,  although those that possess cleverness find many short cuts & other alternative ways- end up getting want they want faster & with less strain!

Im curious to hear others views?

2. rwelton profile image70
    rweltonposted 7 years ago

Inner Strength.  Cleverness may occasionally win the battle but inner strength will win the war.

rlw

3. carljsp profile image55
    carljspposted 7 years ago

both you need to be clever with clever so that they could not harm you ....

4. Storytellersrus profile image78
    Storytellersrusposted 7 years ago

I believe both are appropriate in different scenarios, so I suppose it depends whether you tend to be in situations requiring inner strength as opposed to cleverness.  Clever fingers are useful when it comes to sewing a warm quilt, which warms the bones while stuck in a frozen car on Lakeshore Drive.  However, one's inner strength is what dredges up the courage to not panic as hours drag on and on, the blizzard swirls around you, and help does not come.

5. GennaMGL profile image55
    GennaMGLposted 7 years ago

i think both are helpfull. as someone that has survived alot in life, i have recently learned i have so much inner strength, that i didnt think i could ever have. sure cleverness can give you an advantage, inner strength can help you survive. in the long run inner dtrength will get you through anything. for me i think what is more immportant, is making it through, not having a few short cuts along the way.

working