Do you remember a time in your life when you had Super Strength?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 11 years ago

Do you remember a time in your life when you had Super Strength?

At certain times in life we find super, physical/inner strength to deal with situations. Example, a woman once lifted a car by herself, to free a child trapped underneath it. She didn't even know she did it or could ever do it.

2. profile image0
    healthylife2posted 11 years ago

I found super inner strength when I went through chemotherapy and had to be strong for my children. We never really know what we are capable of until being strong remains the only option.

Lady_Eposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's amazing - Well done. Your kids are so blessed to have a strong mum.

2. profile image0
      healthylife2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Lady_E!

3. dreamsdocometrue profile image61
    dreamsdocometrueposted 11 years ago

Strength always lies within, there is no need of any superpowers!!!
    It comes automatically, when you feel as to there is no option and you got to help somebody or it comes when you have no other way but to help yourself to overcome the situation. I had super strength when I was 10 and I saved my grandpa from a heart attack smile

Thanks. You were his little angel.

4. Alexander Mark profile image81
    Alexander Markposted 11 years ago

I have read people's minds from time to time, but now it only happens with my brothers and that is probably because we know each other so well. I used to have accurate premonitions as well before I was saved, and there was even a point that I believe I was manipulating future events through my visions.

Those powers are probably from the dark side, and with Jesus we don't need them. The stories told by healthylife2 and dreamsdocometrue are much more important and inspirational.

I don't believe they are from the dark side. It could be a gift and can be used in a positive way. Just my opinion. Interesting share. Thanks.

2. Alexander Mark profile image81
      Alexander Markposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lady_E, you asked a great question.

5. maharg1956 profile image59
    maharg1956posted 11 years ago

Hello. Yes, I certainly do!!

But, oddly enough, only since I left the planet Krypton. I have no idea why that is but it seems as if your question was just made for me, personally.

And its not just super strength, either. I can fly, see through solid objects using my x-ray vision and run at the most incredible speeds and I also have the most sensitive hearing imaginable. Makes the average dog seem deaf.

Got to go, I think Lex Luthor is about to get up to something . . . .hang on a minute, you aren't Luthor are you, by any chance, Lady_E???

Best wishes, from

You know who!

Expect a letter from the guinness book of records...

6. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 11 years ago

I was about to be late for work cause my car broke down and I ran 3 miles to work.

OMG!! Aaawwh Bless you. Hope you made it on time.

7. wellspoken profile image61
    wellspokenposted 11 years ago

when i was pregnant with my son i got the urge to rearrange all the furniture in our apartment. we had really heavy old real wood furniture and i lifted all these things with no assistance. when my husband came home he wondered how i had done it he thought a man had been in the house and helped me. i dont know why i was lifting furniture in my first trimester but i was 21.

Wow.... you were super woman....but do take it easy next time. :-)

2. wellspoken profile image61
      wellspokenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

tell me about it. i was young and dumb at the time and i truly know better now. if GOD ever blesses me with another one i wont do that...lol

8. Jlbowden profile image85
    Jlbowdenposted 11 years ago

Yes at one time long ago!  I guess it's time again to summon the God's one more time to restore that vigor & vitality that I used to have!  (:

Hope that super strength returns.... even better. Thanks.

9. prince400 profile image60
    prince400posted 11 years ago

yes that was when my first girl was about to be taken from me

I want to believe you were able to keep her. That's touching - like someone wants to take a piece of one's heart. Wishing you and your daughter happiness.

10. Author Cheryl profile image81
    Author Cherylposted 11 years ago

I have had many times in my life when my strength surprised me.  More times then any one person should have to use it.  However it was all lessons learned and has made me a better person.

That's lovely to know, Cheryl. Thanks.

11. dailytop10 profile image85
    dailytop10posted 11 years ago

I managed to survive after having a pair of broken brakes while riding downhill with my mountain bike. It was raining heavily and the road was very slippery. The adrenaline rush helped me focus to avoid huge rocks and the scary cliff..

Aaawh, that must have been scary. Bravo!!

12. lone77star profile image75
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Miracles happen when you let go completely of ego. You place everything in God's hands and go into action.

Perhaps that's how unselfish World War 2 hero, Audie Murphy (perhaps the youngest soldier at the start of the war), was able to gain more medals than every other soldier in the war, placing himself repeatedly in harm's way to help his "friends" who were in danger.

When I had been assaulted 6 times in 2 minutes in traffic in Los Angeles, I was on the verge of uncontrollable rage. Then something snapped me out of it. It was almost as if God had tapped me on the shoulder with a whisper of empowering love in my ear. I went from rage to bliss in an instant. I took 100% responsibility for my emotions and their actions. Suddenly, I was invulnerable. It was impossible for me to be a victim.

The next moment, a miracle happened. I tell the details of this in my "Anatomy of a Miracle."

Thank you for this, Lone Star. Beautiful to read.

13. greencha profile image62
    greenchaposted 11 years ago

Yes when I was swimming in the Irish sea off the coast of Wales ,and the current suddenly changed and I was being washed out to sea,I had to summon every gramme of strength to swim against the strong current to get back to the shore. I was almost purple with exhaustion I couldnt believe I had done it.
       Think my Guardian Angel was with me that day.I was so determined not to drown which I was so so close to,very scary.

I'm glad you swam back to safety and your Angel was with you too. Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)