Why does the base of my foot feel pain esp when I get up in the morning?

1. profile image46
    farzleenposted 7 years ago

Why does the base of my foot feel pain esp when I get up in the morning?

I have pain at the base of my foot - heels basically when i get up in the morning, it is very painful when I take the first step but after a few steps, the pain goes away. It comes back when I sit for long periods of time, and the first step after sitting is painful. Could it be high uric acid levels? I've stopped eating foods high in uric acids such as peanuts, red meats etc but the pain is till felt. What can it be?

2. websclubs profile image54
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

A portion of a patient's lifestyle (excessive running or standing, over-eating, inactivity, or inflexible shoes) has often caused the pain, and it is that portion of their lifestyle that has to change.  Desk jobs are unnatural and a very recent development, so they are probably a major cause by way of atrophy (desk jobs prevent the feet and legs from being naturally flexible and strong).  Frequent stretching before walking should be emphasized for those with desk jobs.  Since a lack of flexibility in the calf muscles and/or excess weight are the causes of most cases, it is not usually a particular activity that can be blamed.

Apply ice every evening immediately after daily activities.  Stretching the plantar fascia in the morning. Rest and Arch Support.  Patients often report that the pain "moves around." The pain can be mild or debilitating.  It can last a few months, become permanent, or come and go every few months or years for the rest of a patient's life with no obvious explanation.  Unfortunately, it can take 12 to 36 hours after harmful activity before the pain increases, so it is not usually obvious what activity is causing an increase in pain.

When walking and at the moment the heel of the trailing leg begins to lift off the ground, the plantar fascia endures tension that is approximately two times body weight... This moment of maximum tension is increased and "sharpened" (it increases suddenly) if there is lack of flexibility in the calf muscles.  A percentage increase in body weight causes the same percentage increase in tension in the fascia. Excess body weight is a major cause of heel pain, more likely to be overweight from either fat or muscle.

-- Parents who have very active children who are between 8 and 13 years of age who have heel pain.  The children probably just have "Severs disease" which means the combination of activity and a growing heel bone is causing pain.  Due to the repetitive nature of walking, plantar fasciitis may be a repetitive stress disorder (RSD) similar to tennis elbow --   Its important for you to seek treatment "go see your doctor"  Arch support is often recommended by doctors.  Despite the claims of various product manufacturers, there is no cure...  Many “Benefited from: rest, ice, tape, and night splints” are very thankful for heelspurs.com  This is provided for educational purposes only...

Ice may ease the pain and keeps inflammation down... 
    http://hubpages.com/profile/websclubs

working