Dad died and I wasn't able to say goodbye

1. profile image48
    Zachsmomxcoreposted 7 years ago

Dad died and I wasn't able to say goodbye

My dad died in July 2010. I still am in pain because I was not able to say goodbye. He was cremated by my stepmother and she didn't tell me until 2 days later. She actually had her sons girlfriend (whom I never met) call me with the news. Can I sue? How do I go about this?

2. framistan profile image56
    framistanposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4641152_f260.jpg

My father always said, "This world is a Bucket-Of-Worms."  He died several years ago on FATHERS day!  He wanted to be cremated and wanted NO funeral.  So, suddenly, i had no father and the sudden death gave me no opportunity to say goodby also. and no funeral.   I don't think we ever get over the death of a parent.    My dad didn't want a funeral because he said, "When someone dies, it is too late to show them you love them. Nice caskets and flowers don't mean anything. So, you have to show them (love) while they are alive."

So I hope you can take some comfort in your memories of growing up and when he was alive.  It is all we have left, That's why  I think it is better to think on those things (the good times)  and try to eventually someday forgive the stepmother.
    I hope my answer helps a little.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Sue for what?

It is really sad that he died and you did not get to say goodbye, I am sorry for your loss.  Something that might help in time is to sit and write a letter to your dad telling him everything you ever wanted to tell him.

Even if there was grounds for a lawsuit, nothing will bring him back or bring back the moments you are craving.

working