Will moldy cheese make me ill? Today for lunch I I accidentaly consumed some moldy cheese.
It was to late by the time I realized that, it was already down the hatch. The taste was really bad. I've read some say I may get a bad case of diarrea. Maybe I should stay home tonight!
It really depends on your immune system and how your body chemicals react to it, and how much you ingested. Mold on soft foods can cause problems and the whole item should be discarded. Some people will cut the mold on hard cheese off and the rest of the cheese may be safe to eat. Mold can make some people very ill, especially if the spores are air borne and one has allergies. Some people may never have any ill affects from eating a small amount of mold. There are harmless molds and dangerous molds. Just to be on the safe side though, I always discard ANY foods that have mold on it.
There is mold in bleu cheese, but that is fermented and safe to eat.
About mold. Mold allergy and its symptoms. Mold can make you sick and some molds can be even fatal. read more
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.