jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever breast fed your child?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image81
    Brinafr3shposted 7 years ago

Have you ever breast fed your child?

How long have you breast, and did it work for you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4797942_f260.jpg

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Yes, I tried with both of my kids -- and no, it didn't work. Both times I just didn't get the supply I needed. My son (first baby) had failure to thrive after two months, so we switched him to formula with as much breast milk as I could produce (which wasn't much, and it was sadly lacking in calories). For my daughter, I didn't let it go that long. I was in better health and thought I might be able to breastfeed this time, but after a couple of weeks she, too, started to lose weight, so she gets formula now too.

3. sharing the sky profile image67
    sharing the skyposted 7 years ago

No, I do not yet have children of my own so that is something I haven't done. I do plan to breastfeed my future children when the time comes.

I have witnessed my friends breastfeeding their children and most have done it until the baby was at least 6 months to 1 year of age. It seemed that most were successful even though it was difficult in the beginning. Once they got help and kept working at it, I was told things got better. I just had one friend who seemed to try everything and eventually had to turn to formula as the primary source of calories and nutrients for her baby.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I breast fed my first child for 2 1/2 years, the second one had some health problems so was formula fed.

5. Amy Lee profile image56
    Amy Leeposted 7 years ago

Yes, my dauggter is fifteen months old and i still breastfeed her. The Immune ability is good for the breastfeeded children. It is women's right that god gives women. No man can do this.Just enjoy it.

working