jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I get maybe to sleep all through out the night without her waking up at

1. jaclyn8668 profile image61
    jaclyn8668posted 6 years ago

How can I get maybe to sleep all through out the night without her waking up at 3-4 a.m.?

2. jaclyn8668 profile image61
    jaclyn8668posted 6 years ago

How can i get my baby* to sleep all through out the night without waking up at 3-4 a.m.?

3. windresistant profile image59
    windresistantposted 6 years ago

It depends how old your baby is. Babies know what they need, unfortunately, and that means missing a good chunk of sleep for a while sometimes. If you have an infant who wants fed at that time, feed her and then put her down to sleep. If she tries to stay up longer, and just wants to play, try putting her to sleep anyways, with a full belly. If that doesn't work or if she is a little older, just give your doc a call and ask the nurse for advice, they usually have tips on this sort of thing, and know your situation.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Hang in there--they grow up and move out and then you can sleep.  Seriously, babies that sleep through the night are great but rare.  Being sleep deprived goes hand in hand with being a new parent.  Try trading off nights with your husband, or bring the baby to bed with you.

I know there two sides that feel strongly about the right or wrong of it.  I did it because I was getting no sleep and that was 29 years ago and I would not do it any differently if I had it to do over.  The baby is warm, feels safe, and you might get a little more sleep.

working