Is the pill a form of birth control or population control?

1. platinumOwl4 profile image76
    platinumOwl4posted 6 years ago

Is the pill a form of birth control or population control?

It is marketed as birth control but it could be a method of controlling the population. Is this dangerous in the long run.

2. ExplodingPopTart profile image58
    ExplodingPopTartposted 6 years ago

It seems as though we need population control. By 2050 the earth has been estimated to be populated by 9,309,051,539 human beings according to the Cencus Bureau. That's over 3 billion more humans than this year. But no, birth control is not a form of active population control. If this were the case the government would not leave the pill to be optional, or would restrict families to only having a certain number of children (as they do in China) It is so that you can be sexually active without producing spawn, which is especially helpful if you're younger.

Birth control can however be dangerous to your health. There have been some serious side effects emerging, especially from Yaz, that encompass heart attacks and strokes (which eventually lead to death.) Those risks are more severe if you are over the age of 30 while taking the pill and/or a smoker.

3. cathylynn99 profile image77
    cathylynn99posted 6 years ago

both, i hope. i have no kids due to marrying late in life, but i wanted only one or two due to the overpopulation problem. most responsible people take overpopulation into account when they have the ability to plan their families.