jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are some home remedies to help you sleep?

1. skalicia profile image62
    skaliciaposted 6 years ago

What are some home remedies to help you sleep?

2. LeisureLife profile image73
    LeisureLifeposted 6 years ago

Imagine yourself falling into an endless black hole...I practice this everytime I try unsuccessfully to have a lucid dream...

3. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I take hot tea with honey.  Honey has calming effect when added to hot drinks like tea or coffee.  Both have caffeine, but for some reason the caffeine in tea does keep me up.. unlike coffee.  I add fresh lemon too, when I'm not too lazy.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have a potential novel in my head at all times, and each night I work on it, laying there in the dark with my eyes closed.  Characters get developed, plots start to form.  Each night I add the smalled of details, really giving the people and the settings a real feeling.  I do it so often, it becomes almost like a memory. I work on it until I fall asleep--some night sooner than other depending on the amount of caffeine I have had.

If I am not in the mood for that, I put my ear buds in, and turn an audiobook on with my iPod.  Works like a charm.

5. skalicia profile image62
    skaliciaposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the input.  The last month has been terrible for sleep.  My husband has this habit where he puts his leg up in the night (knee bent at 90 degrees) and then it starts falling he tries to stop it so it's like he's stomping.

I use to be able to sleep through it but now it's terrible!  I have to find something to help me sleep or my husband might lose a leg, lol.

6. pedrog profile image61
    pedrogposted 6 years ago

That is a common question, i have wrote a few hubs about that, check them out:

http://hubpages.com/hub/better-sleep-tips

http://hubpages.com/hub/insomnia-home-r … sleep-aids

7. parthavi profile image60
    parthaviposted 6 years ago

Lie flat on your back. Visualize each of your limbs relaxing, starting from your toes and going up to your head. Mostly I fall asleep before I "reach" my head. If you still don't get sleep, count down. A count down after this relaxation will be very easy. If you start from 100 and count slowly, you will fall asleep. To make it more effective, you can imagine climbing down an endless flight of stairs (or falling through a bottomless pit, as another person has suggested) with each count. Chances are you might have fallen asleep before coming to this line!

8. mysisters profile image57
    mysistersposted 6 years ago

Here are some tips to sleeping better:

*Exercising before bed
    *Warm bath with Lavender
    *Drink a cup of warm tea
    *Putting on a relaxation CD
    *Meditation

working