jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What natural remedies really help you fall asleep when you have insomnia?

1. truthfornow profile image79
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

What natural remedies really help you fall asleep when you have insomnia?

2. DeborahFantasia profile image60
    DeborahFantasiaposted 6 years ago

When you have insomnia, a lot of times it's from your mind racing. If you have something going on in your life, or have to be up early the next day it can cause your mind to race, causing insomnia. What you have to do is stop thinking, clear your mind and say sleep, sleep in your mind over and over. Someone told me this worked for them for insomnia.
    There are several over the counter things you can purchase that helps you sleep without waking up feeling drugged up. Primrose oil helps me, I take it every night.

3. PiaC profile image60
    PiaCposted 6 years ago

I've found a very good sleeping aid from Gaba - it's entirely natural too, so there are no nasty side effects.  Exercise and not checking email late at night work great too.

4. Goodpal profile image89
    Goodpalposted 6 years ago

You need to cool down your mind - the mental chatter need to be kept under control. Stay away from social media and news reports after evening hours. If possible go for a long jog in the evening; it can tire you physically and will help fall asleep.

In terms of specific remedy, you may try meditation - mediate for half an hour before going to bed. You can also try brainwave audios for insomnia. These audios lower down your brainwave frequencies that help you relax and fall asleep.

My hubs on mental chatter and brainwave entrainment might give you further information.

Happy Dreaming. smile

5. profile image0
    Marebear2410posted 6 years ago

You should check out binaural beat technology. By playing varying frequencies into each ear, studies have shown that you can alter your brain waves and thus slow them to the same levels experienced while sleeping. I haven't used it for sleep help myself, but I've heard that it has been a useful aid. Good luck!

6. tonymead60 profile image94
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

lettuce..make a nice lettuce sandwich with crisp fresh leaves and some really nice home made bread and zzzzzzzz

7. sanathara profile image59
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

In a cup of glass put pinch of nutmeg powder and boil this milk for two minutes.Let it cool.Drink this milk before going to bed.You will get good sleep.

working