jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you get birth control for your teenage daughter?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

Would you get birth control for your teenage daughter?

2. cathylynn99 profile image77
    cathylynn99posted 6 years ago

teenage girls can go to planned parenthood and get birth control on their own. if my teenager trusted me enough to share this need with me instead of going it alone, you can bet i wouldn't turn her down. it's all about communication.

3. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

If I knew my teenage daughter is sexually active, then yes, I would take her to the doctor and get her birth control pills.  Fortunately, my daughter is now 22 and she was not sexually active when she was a teenager, even now... I think.

4. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 6 years ago

Yes, if you think she is sexually active.
    Or like Cathy says: she can get it on her own. Just let her now how.

You can't do anything to stop them from being sexually active, so you better do what you can to make sure at least it is save.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

You can get her pills like my mother did. But it is up to her to take them. Since I can't have pills, I never took them. My adnoids are too big and catch anything attempting to go down my throat. Instead I just used condoms. So far, no issues.
    Also teenagers are getting sexually active at younger ages. Even as a homeschooler, my first was at 16. Younger students are getting pregnate. I've heard of a girl in Atlanta getting pregnate at 12. Talk to her and get her some condoms.