jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What should you do when you see condoms or birth control pills in your teenage d

1. jpcmc profile image87
    jpcmcposted 7 years ago

What should you do when you see condoms or birth control pills in your teenage daughter's room?

2. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

You should absolutely talk to her.  You need to find out how active she is as well as ask other difficult questions.  Just remember to have a disarming and nonjudgmental attitude when you do talk to her or she may close up.  Good Luck.

3. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

Be happy she is smart enough to protect herslef

4. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

I would definitely go with talking to her in a calm, non-judgmental way. Open up by complimenting her on her caution.

Oh and if you're a single male, ask your mother to handle this.

5. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 7 years ago

hmm, it depends how old she really is. If she were a thirteen year old I wouldn't be happy about it but if she is much older... I would do what previous posters suggested and arrange for her to have a house to herself once in a while so she can do this in a safe and clean environment.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

I would thank God she is using condoms and birth control pills

7. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I think it is time for you two to have a chat.  On one hand, your daughter is being responsible about having sex and she needs to know you above of being responsible.  However, condoms break and they do not prevent sexually transmitted diseases and she needs to know this.  Definitely time for you to have a chat with her.

8. Faceless39 profile image95
    Faceless39posted 7 years ago

Be grateful and tell her she's being very smart and mature about protecting herself.

9. MrsHernandez profile image60
    MrsHernandezposted 6 years ago

Sit down and talk to them...clearly they are all grown up, give them good advise and be a parent!

10. katkin profile image59
    katkinposted 6 years ago

Talk to her and let her know that you are proud of her for being mature in protecting herself,but at he same time let her know that you would prefer her to be in a stable relationship before sleeping with someone.

working