jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you do to relieve the stresses of day?

1. Genna East profile image88
    Genna Eastposted 7 years ago

What do you do to relieve the stresses of day?

What do you do to relieve the stresses of day?…or to just get away from it all for a little while?

2. skisy profile image83
    skisyposted 7 years ago

To start with, I just try my best not to let anything bother me too much, if there's something stressing me out I make a conscious effort to keep calm, maybe sit down or even just walk slowly. Sort of strange but it works.

If all else fails throwing something or someone through a window normally does the trick.

3. Storytellersrus profile image77
    Storytellersrusposted 7 years ago

Genna, what a great question!  I discovered Hafiz yesterday, so today I would pull out his book of poetry and read a poem filled with light and joy.  They are so uplifting.

I also do yoga, when stressed.  It helps pull myself back into myself- gives me relief from what is stressing me as it releases negative endorphins (or whatever they are called.)

My last tactic to handle stress is to walk Finnegan in the Hundred Acre Wood near our home.  The act of moving through a beautiful landscape helps put my stresses into perspective.  What am I, compared to mountain tops and endless skies?

A glass of red Zinfandel in the evening helps, too, haha!

4. Lady MJ profile image77
    Lady MJposted 7 years ago

I play a game with my kids because they don't stress and I try to absorb their energy.

I do an hours worth of kenpo and kickboxing.  Then I write.

5. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

I love to watch comedies, laughter is always the best medicine smile I also love going on walks around my neighborhood- I live in Washington, so everything is green and mossy and beautiful. Very calming smile

6. Tages profile image58
    Tagesposted 7 years ago

I personally drink wine and read poetry after running five to twelve miles.

7. LittleFairy profile image75
    LittleFairyposted 7 years ago

I spend time outdoors, with a pet or go for a stroll by myself. Also reading a good book or magazine helps and so does pampering my self with a facial or manicure.

working