jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

For those who have lost weight- what was your "aha" moment?

1. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

For those who have lost weight- what was your "aha" moment?

What happened that made you realize that you needed to get healthy?

2. surfcaster2010 profile image79
    surfcaster2010posted 6 years ago

Got my lab work back from the doctor and opened my eyes as to how bad the future might be if I stayed on that path. Diabetes, heart disease, etc. Lost 16 pounds and kept it off since then.

3. chloe's hub profile image57
    chloe's hubposted 6 years ago

In the midst of breaking up with my ex bf...hahaha i said to myself.. i must look sexy again so that my ex bf would regret of letting me go..haha then everything starts out... i was to make my body fit and my friends keep on asking me on what's my secrets, how i was able to get fit despite of my busy schedule.... There's no secret... dedication is the answer.... i also post articles on how to lose weight.....

4. pocketsaviour profile image60
    pocketsaviourposted 6 years ago

I saw a photo of myself naked :p
    I think I'd been kidding myself for years that I wasn't really "that big". The house I was living in at the time didn't have any large or full length mirrors, and there are none in the bathrooms where I work. On the scales I knew how much I weighed, but in my head I was still a size 14.
    Then my boyfriend took a photo of me naked and showed it to me. I was horrified. I cried for hours. How could this pile of wobbling flesh be me??
    The next day I started my weight loss journey. That was just under a year ago and I have lost 34lbs.