jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When are you more likely to stick to your workout schedule (gym) - morning/eveni

1. vrint profile image60
    vrintposted 7 years ago

When are you more likely to stick to your workout schedule (gym) - morning/evening?

I joined gym recently.I usually don't go regularly.How many of you feel that ,you are more likely to stick to your workout schedule if you do it in the morning rather than evening?

2. jstewart989 profile image58
    jstewart989posted 7 years ago

I am not a morning person so if I put off working out until the next morning before work, I know it won't happen. I am much more likely to stick to a workout program if it is in the evening; however I think it depends on the person. Are you ok waking up an hour and a half to two hours earlier than normal? If you "try" to wake up early for work do you usually end up hitting the snooze bar? If so, then you would probably not stick to a morning routine. Either way you decide, grab a workout buddy or make plans with a personal trainer once or twice a week so you are more likely to stick to the plan.

3. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

The time of day doesn't matter as much as when you feel awake enough and have enough time to exercise. For instance, I have the most energy and free time from 11:00am to 3:00 pm. I tend to go to the gym sometime within those hours. Just find a time that works for you!

4. rcrm89 profile image60
    rcrm89posted 7 years ago

It depends on personal and lifestyle factors as to what will suit you best.

I think the average person that works a 9-5 job would be more likely to stick to training before work, as when most people come home from work they want to wind-down by relaxing, watching TV, spending time with family and/or friends etc.

5. White Sapphire profile image59
    White Sapphireposted 7 years ago

I prefer to workout in the evening.  I have a hard enough time waking up in the morning to get to work on time.  If I tried to exercise in the morning there'd be no way I'd do it except for Saturdays.  I really like exercising on Saturday mornings because it feels like a nice way to kick off the weekend.

As far as sticking to a routine goes I am much better at taking group fitness classes than just going to the gym to workout.  By taking the fitness classes it gives me a specific time I need to get down to the gym.  If I only used the cardio and weight room then I'd never go because I'd keep telling myself I'll go in an hour and never go.  The other advantage of group fitness classes is the instructor will usually push you harder than you push yourself.

working