jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who is your health/fitness inspiration?

1. TheBlondie profile image61
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Who is your health/fitness inspiration?

2. jstewart989 profile image57
    jstewart989posted 6 years ago

My mom! She doesn't have a perfect 10 body or anything, but she makes time to workout and take care of herself. She does bootcamp afterwork on Mondays, Pilates on Tuesdays, walks with friends on Wednesdays, and works out at the gym on Thursdays. She is my role model!

3. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Dr. Mark Hyman after reading his book The UltraMind Solution which I wrote about here: http://hubpages.com/t/22ea43

And after watching his videos on YouTube.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

My wife, she motivates me in health and fitness.

5. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago
  6. CaravanHolidays profile image61
    CaravanHolidaysposted 6 years ago

Bruce lee had a pretty good philosophy, many different exercises, but I particularly liked the simplicity of 'always take the stairs'.

7. White Sapphire profile image58
    White Sapphireposted 6 years ago

My parents are my fitness inspirations because neither of them took care of themselves while they were younger and they will really pay the price in retirement with limited mobility and a heavy reliance on several pills a day.  My dad had a stroke at 61 and was forced into early retirement.  My mom was overweight and often obese and had regular problems with high blood pressure and cholesterol.

My goal is to exercise and take care of myself so I do not become them.  I want to retire when I feel like it and be limber enough to enjoy it.