jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)

What are you most afraid of?

1. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

What are you most afraid of?

2. Tweetmom profile image76
    Tweetmomposted 7 years ago

I am most afraid of the uncertainties in life. Fear of moving forward.

3. keeponfalling profile image65
    keeponfallingposted 7 years ago

I am very afraid of clowns smile)  one scared me when I was a child.

4. Tamila Roberts profile image34
    Tamila Robertsposted 7 years ago

Waking up one day, very sick or depressed and to stop having the strength, will and courage to fight for what I believe in.

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 7 years ago

I have a totally irrational fear - phobia, actually - of cats. I can't bear for a cat to come within ten feet of me.

Strangely enough, I have also just in the last few years developed a fear of heights, where it never used to bother me in the slightest. That puzzles me, as I thought phobias were things you either had throughout life, or were caused by a significant event. There has been no event in my life to suddenly cause me to be afraid of heights.

6. lobonorth profile image61
    lobonorthposted 7 years ago

I think that Tamila Roberts has it right; we need to feel that there is something worth fighting for or else the black hole of depression will swallow us whole.

7. David Warren profile image80
    David Warrenposted 7 years ago

I also agree with Tamila Roberts. I never give up hope for recovery but have a fear that the neurosurgeon's prognosis,  "never will be as good...."  could prove true.

8. keepitnatural profile image71
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

There's absolutely nothing that I have been faced with in life that has made me really afraid (for myself), except one very small yet for me 'terrifying' thing... infact I can barely even write the word!
    Spiders.

9. WindMaestro profile image60
    WindMaestroposted 7 years ago

Those whom I love the most leaving my life.

10. profile image0
    marellenposted 7 years ago

I'm afraid of spiders. I have learned to kill small ones but a brown recluse spider or a black widow, will send me screaming.

11. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I am most afraid of my own ignorance and neglect of things that should be known and attended to.

12. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

i am afriad of failure failing......so i try to make sure i don't....God's helping me make sure I don't

13. beverlyannblock profile image57
    beverlyannblockposted 7 years ago

I really hate to answer this question, but I will anyway. I'm afraid of people as they always hurt me in some way, even my best friend of 14 years stole and betrayed me! I really don't like people much and hide from them as it is very hard for me to gain trust in them and when I do, wham! it happens.

14. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 7 years ago

I am afraid of turning complacent, apathetic and boring. The qualities I loathe the most.

15. Ancillotti profile image61
    Ancillottiposted 7 years ago

Of losing who I love, especially my girlfriend!

16. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 7 years ago

Loneliness. If it comes to a time when there is no one else in my life, then I will be afraid. I can't stand being lonely.

17. chitrarekha profile image61
    chitrarekhaposted 7 years ago

I am afraid of insects any type and am afraid of also natural calamities.

18. larry1987 profile image52
    larry1987posted 7 years ago

I am alwayd afraid that my friends and family will abandon me someday. For me, it likes the end of the world.

19. shellyakins profile image69
    shellyakinsposted 7 years ago

I'm afraid of fire, tornadoes and something terrible (disease, kidnapping, death) happening to my kids.

I'm also afraid of failure and not being good at what I do.

20. wolfboy profile image59
    wolfboyposted 6 years ago

im afrad of what happens when we die.and 2012 end of the world:[

working