jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you have an emergency preparedness kit at home?

1. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Do you have an emergency preparedness kit at home?

Are you prepared for a natural (or man made) disaster?

2. Winter Maclen profile image72
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

Yes, and because we work with at risk situations, we also have them a work

3. profile image82
    RichBestposted 6 years ago

No, I don't, well, at least at the moment. But I think such a kit will come in pretty handy just in case something goes wrong.

4. ljv21 profile image71
    ljv21posted 6 years ago

we have an earthquake bag always at the ready....live in a major earthquake zone and have gone through many so keep ourselves very prepared.

5. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Well, I have first aid kit and consists of all the necessary stuff for cuts, bruises, etc. For more serious disaster, it may not be sufficient though. But with standard disaster, it should be enough to hold.

6. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Yes.  Everyone should have a first aid kit to deal with cuts.  It's important to stop the bleeding and get a bandage on a cut as soon as possible.

7. dorothy0328 profile image74
    dorothy0328posted 6 years ago

Absolutely we have a preparedness kit in our home. Living in Florida where we are prone to hurricanes you have to be prepared. We learned the hard way in 2004 when we where hit by 3 hurricanes back to back where I live. Read my hub for more information. http://hubpages.com/hub/What-are-you-do … or-why-not

8. tHErEDpILL profile image87
    tHErEDpILLposted 6 years ago

To the person with a prepared kit for a hurricane; If the Hurricane hits your house won't all of your stuff be useless?  Just saying.

9. Guanta profile image72
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

Not yet, but I've been thinking it's a good idea to have something in case of any emergency.  I'm going to order some freeze dried foods one of these days from one of the emergency food sites.

10. Deborah-Diane profile image83
    Deborah-Dianeposted 6 years ago

We live in Southern California in an area prone to earthquakes.  We keep plenty of emergency supplies on hand, including first aid supplies, camping equipment, bottled water and canned goods.

We have been told that if there is a major earthquake, it could be a couple of days before emergency personnel can reach us with supplies, so it is wise to be able to take care of ourselves for a few days.

Better safe than sorry!

11. nancyme profile image59
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

Nope not yet. Now I know I need to get one.

12. hottopics profile image56
    hottopicsposted 6 years ago

Yes, everyone should have one. It is important you keep it up to date and let your kids know where it is

working