jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Does Not Exercising Cause Heart Disease?

1. blueorpurple profile image59
    blueorpurpleposted 6 years ago

How Does Not Exercising Cause Heart Disease?

2. cbl2988 profile image60
    cbl2988posted 6 years ago

Your heart is a muscle. If it doesn't get stronger through exercise, it will become weak, especially as you age. That contributes to heart disease. Exercise strengthens the heart and increases its output and stroke volume while decreasing resting heart rate. In other words, it becomes far more efficient. It doesn't have to work as hard and doesn't wear out as rapidly.

3. blueorpurple profile image59
    blueorpurpleposted 6 years ago

cbl2988 @thanks for replaying. ur info iz helpful. and i like your first line "Your heart is a muscle", its awesome

4. FitnessTom profile image61
    FitnessTomposted 6 years ago

Exercise does much more for you than its effects on the heart directly.

Yes it improves your heart health if you are doing a cardio workout, but tt prevents heart disease in other more significant ways. Here are what I believe to be the most important:

1. Stress.
    Exercise is the biggest weapon to fight stress. Stress leads to many conditions including heart disease. When you are stressed, your adrenals react by releasing cortisol. Cortisol tell your body to increase blood sugar, which subsequently tells your body to increase insulin.

In the presence of insulin, your body cannot metabolize fat, but rather stores it. This is an environment where vLDL is produced aka triglycerides. Triglycerides are what form the plaque within your arteries which lead to heart disease.

2. Speeds up TCA cycle.
    Why does this matter? Well I just outlined how blood sugar and insulin lead to heart disease. Your TCA cycle is the ability to convert sugars into energy. When you overload your body with carbs, your TCA cycle gets backed up. To work faster, it converts the carbs into the vLDL that was just mentioned.

Exercising makes the TCA cycle run much faster, which helps prevent weight gain and vLDL production. Most people think exercise makes people lose weight because of the calories it burns.. couldn't be farther from the truth.

Read the full article here: http://midsectionfat.org/exercise-weigh … yth-truth/

5. Thek1ngsway profile image78
    Thek1ngswayposted 6 years ago

Yep . I agree with cbl2988  ! Tecnically i know many people whom havent exercised (in the traditional sense) a day in their lives and have lived past their 90s dedicating most of that longevity to genes , stress less life , healthy diet etc. Plus people dont jst die of heart disease.

Anyway training your heart , accompanied with a healthy diet can do wonders for your heart and overall health since it will lower your resting threshold and by doing that it has indirectly improved the quality of your life , period .

But hey , dont over train . it can have the opposite effect .