jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do I get a marble that is stuck in my sons butt out without having to take h

1. profile image47
    samjoy025posted 6 years ago

How do I get a marble that is stuck in my sons butt out without having to take him to the ER?

My 5 year old decided that he was gonna stick a marble in his butt and now its stuck... What advice is out there to try and get it out?

2. Anne Pettit profile image72
    Anne Pettitposted 6 years ago

Wait until it comes out by itself.  You may injure the anal canal.  The marble is slippery, it will come out when he has a bowel movement.

3. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I agree with Anne. Let it come out on it's own. It would be different if he swallowed it. Though you might want to consider having a serious talk with him about putting things in his rear... he could really hurt himself.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

For that marble to be stuck, it must really be up there and how did it get there?

It will likely come out on it's own if it is a classic round, glass marble, although if he is uncomfortable, I would consider taking him in anyway. But please don't take medical advice from Hubpages, your child is too important and we are not there.

At the very least I would call the family doc just to check in and let him/her know what is going on.

5. jdavis88 profile image94
    jdavis88posted 6 years ago

Laughing... both as a parent and as a Paramedic...  Juice...lots of Juice...  if it does not come out in a day, I would have him seen.  If the marble moves far enough up into the colon it is conceivable that it could cause issues with perfusing the colon (blood flow).

6. ImYoungAtHeart profile image75
    ImYoungAtHeartposted 6 years ago

I agree with the paramedic jdavis  but I would give him prune juice, and raisins.
    I sure hope everything resolved itself in the end...
    ok poor pun but i couldn't resist lol

7. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

is this a serious question?

get him to eat prunes and sit him on the toilet

and be grateful he didn't shove it up his nose!

working