jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How did you lose weight? How long did it take? What did you do?

1. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

How did you lose weight? How long did it take? What did you do?

I am just curious as I am on a weight-loss journey myself smile

2. enlight your soul profile image58
    enlight your soulposted 6 years ago

After my child I gain weight like 15 kg but for breastfeeding naturally looses 5 kg, so I'm now 67.5 kg.

3. LadyLovelace profile image62
    LadyLovelaceposted 6 years ago

I lost about 3 dress sizes recently without even really noticing by only eating when I was both really hungry and could identify what it was I wanted.

I didn't stop myself having fatty or sweet foods, I just didn't eat anything unless my body was telling me it was time to eat, instead of worrying about eating three meals a day and x number of calories/carbohydrates/quarks/whatever the new thing we're not supposed to eat is. Didn't do any more exercise than I normally would. Actually, it's giving me more time to get stuff done, since I'm only pausing to eat when I really have to.

The problem now being that my jeans keep falling off me. For every silver lining there's a cloud, huh? wink

4. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Lost 36-ish pounds over 4 months! I wrote a hub about how I did it, it was actually pretty easy.I'm really into nutrition and stuff, so i was happy to find out that 70% of weight loss is changing the way you eat.

5. adamkipling profile image47
    adamkiplingposted 6 years ago

I'm a personal trainer.. but before I became one I lost 30 lbs in 2 months.  Of course you have to eat healthy and learn how to eat properly as far as when to eat what during the day.  But my secret was working out my legs real hard before doing cardio.  The muscles in your legs are huge and the harder you work them the more calories and fat you will burn.  Just doing cardio is not enough, you have to work the muscles to be a fat burning machine!  DOn't do cardio before weight training.. always weight train before cardio!!

6. Dr Rockpile profile image60
    Dr Rockpileposted 6 years ago

I lost 40 pounds and kept it off. I determined my resting metabolism - how many calories you use in a day. I them ate foods that had the same or lower calories. For example, if you use 2000 calories a day - make sure you consume less than that.

Also, eat like a diabetic. Only foods with a low glycemic value should be consumed. Raw fruits and vegetables, lean protein, nuts and seeds. Toss the grains in the garbage.

Supplement with chromium, CLA and GLA. (Oils that help burn fat.)

Most importantly - start lifting weights. Weight training every 3 days for 20 minutes is all you need to gain muscle. For every pound of muscle gained you will burn 50 calories at rest per day. Build ten pounds and that's 500 extra calories lost per day. (Much easier than running for 2 hours!)

working