jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever gone on a fast? How long did it last? What were the benefits you r

1. Faeriephenomenon profile image60
    Faeriephenomenonposted 6 years ago

Have you ever gone on a fast? How long did it last? What were the benefits you reaped from it?

2. profile image47
    vidit10posted 6 years ago

there are no merits of fasting , it just creates amino acid in your stomach , which later on gives stomachaces,,,,,,,,,

3. uczen profile image58
    uczenposted 6 years ago

I`m fasting just right now and it is the last, third day.  To be honest I have done it before and I do fasting regularly once or twice a month.  I recommend to do just one day at the beginning, but the first day is the hardest one.  For me, I feel extremely hungry between 4p.m. and 8p.m. Then is O.K. and I feel more energetic.  Also, after just one day of fasting you will feel that your mind is clearer.  What I experience and benefit from fasting is: more energy, clear mind, better memory, I`m more focused, I sleep less hours, I`m calm.  You need to keep in mind that it is the most powerful and the safest way to clean up your body.  Our body has ability to heal itself but we need to give it a chance.  When you do fasting you just give opportunity for your body to bring back its level of harmony.  Nature gave us many ways to stay healthy but people prefer fast ways to stay happy, but fast ways never bring happiness.  Do fast food bring some benefits? Just opportunity to buy food in short time, and make life much shorter too.

That`s me for now.

Stay healthy and happy!

4. gulnazahmad profile image60
    gulnazahmadposted 6 years ago

Fasting means abstaining yourself from food for a specific period of time. Fluids may or may not be taken depending on the purpose of fast: when fast is observed from religious reason fluids too are not allowed but if fast has been observed to gain... read more

5. Debra McVay profile image58
    Debra McVayposted 6 years ago

The only times I've fasted have been because my gall bladder was acting up in a big way.  The first time I fasted, I had developed jaundice, so I did the Dr. Christopher fast.  Prune juice in the morning and a lot of apple juice and bitter herb tea.  It worked really well.  That was over two years ago, and I still have my gall bladder.  It was a three-day fast.  It got rid of all the stones and bilirubin.  I only do it when I start having trouble, but it works every time.

working