What are the signs of prelabor?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

What are the signs of prelabor?

Now, I've already looked this up all over the net. I'm looking for more detailed info then "losing the plug, the bloody show, contractions, water breaking, baby dropping, ect". What are the subtle signs that your body is getting ready for labor, before it actually goes into labor?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

I had things happen to me that normally would happen during a menstrual cycle. Three weeks before my daughter was born, my face broke out in terrible acne. Headaches increased and I felt dizzy if I stood for too long. I had insomnia and could not get comfortable if I laid down. I knew something was up. After a few days of that, my daughter arrived, three weeks early. The only 'contractions' I felt were the Braxton Hicks kind, dull and painless....

3. profile image46
    sberlangaposted 6 years ago

I didn't have many signs of going into labor.  I had braxton hicks contractions from my 5th month of pregnancy, so those weren't a worry.  My body didn't feel any different.

My water broke 1 week before my baby's due date, but my body didn't start contracting on it's own.  When my water broke it was early in the morning after one of my many trips to the bathroom.  When I was heading back into bed I felt a small trickle.  I went back to the bathroom to see and I kept having little gushes of fluid.  After about an hour of the trickle I called my hospital and they wanted me to come in and sure enough my water was broken.  Since I hadn't started contracting 2 hours after my water broke, I was given pitocin to get the process moving along.

working