how to know when i am gonna have my baby.....what do braxton ricks feel??? like

1. profile image47
    luckydel33posted 7 years ago

how to know when i am gonna have my baby.....what do braxton ricks feel??? like

besides waterbreaking..

2. nancyd560623 profile image58
    nancyd560623posted 7 years ago

Braxton-Hicks contractions feel like a tightening of your abdominal muscles. They can be uncomfortable, but they do pass after a fairly short time.

Labor feels like you're passing a basketball. It's uncomfortable, and it ends when your baby is born.

When you go into active labor, you'll feel the difference between false labor (Braxton-Hicks contractions) and real labor. It's hard to describe, and Braxton-Hicks and active labor each can feel different to different women. If you have any doubt about whether you're in labor, call your obstetrician!!!!!! She or he would far rather have you come into the office 10 times on a false alarm than decide that this is just a Braxton-Hicks and wait until you're in a state of emergency with the real thing.

Good luck to you and your baby!

3. kimbrewaa profile image64
    kimbrewaaposted 6 years ago

Braxton-Hicks can feel like heavy cramping that last in longer intervals than regular cramping. They will come and go but they are usually irregular. When you are in real labor sometimes you don't experience contractions at all until you go into active labor. Many times your water may break first and you still not feel any contractions. Other pregnancies you may experience contractions for up to a few days before they really start to come regularly. You will know if your contractions start to come at a regular pace every 5-7mins then it may be time to consult your physician. Because if you do go to the ER and you are not in labor they WILL send you home, this is not a good feeling. So, you want to be sure you are in labor. If you don't know how to time your contractions it goes like this:
    start timing from the time one ENDS until the time the next one BEGINS. It's the time in between contractions that is important, and not how long each one lasts. Hope this helps smile

working