jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Mothers: How did you know labor was REALLY close?

1. angryelf profile image92
    angryelfposted 4 years ago

Mothers: How did you know labor was REALLY close?

I have a friend who could have her baby any day now- she is scheduled for a C Section in about a week and a half. Her other son, also delivered that way, was born only 1 or 2 days from now in comparison. From personal experience, how did you know the baby was coming within the next 24-48 hours???

2. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

When my labor started and got closer apart in minutes I went to hospital. When I got there, I was pretty much dilated. I wasn't in labor very long for either child. You can tell pretty much when the pains start if it is labor pains. Nowadays it seems like drs induce labor.

angryelfposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering! But was there any signs of impending labor, before the labor actually started that tipped you off?

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

My water broke with the first one. With the second, hard contractions that radiated around the back and front and as the contractions came, everything tightened up more markedly as the contractions peaked.  Also, restlessness.  I knew both times when I felt the need to pace the floor constantly that labor was imminent.

angryelfposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I saw something about restlessness, which is clear in animals as well- it spurs the urge 2 prepare for the birth, I'm trying to find any potential signs so we know smile we're watchin closely so i can give my manager a heads up 2 leave early!

4. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

With my first their were no "early" signs. He was two weeks late and never felt like he was going to come out. I just woke up to my water breaking one morning. With my second I felt very anxious and lost my appetite about 2 or 3 days before contractions started. This was really odd for me because I had been eating like a pig for months. With my baby girl 6 weeks before she was due to be born I started feeling like I needed to get all her stuff perfect. I was organizing and buying all the last minute stuff. I was actually walking through walmart when I had a weird feeling. I went to the doctor less than an hour later and they said I was dilated 4 and had likely been in labor for days. She was born 5 weeks early. Those are the only impending signs I had. Good luck to your friend!

5. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

With my first I was kind of induced. They jumpstarted my labor. With my second I had braxton hicks contractions a week before. They started out light, and slowly got worse. My water then broke at the end of the week. Hospital said that it didn't and sent me home. Drank water like nothing else to keep contractions away. Was continuasly told that my water didn't break. Finally found low fluid leverls and was sent to hospital. Had to get transefered 4 hrs away. Due to other problems, and finally had her there.

6. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

My plug came out and my water broke with the first three (all full moon-born babies, btw). My fourth was a preemie, and I had been in and out of labor for over two months before he made his grand appearance!

working