How do you feel about taking the route of alternative medicine in relation to se

1. The Power Glider profile image59
    The Power Gliderposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about taking the route of alternative medicine in relation to serious conditions?

By serious conditions I mean cancers, diabetes, circulatory conditions, etc.  The sorts of things that in recent decades our culture has turned to medical doctors for aid and assistance with.

2. beachbuggy5 profile image59
    beachbuggy5posted 6 years ago

It depends...alternative medicine may be better utilized as a preventative measure to avoid those "serious conditions".  Some Dr's may even use combination therapy where conventional and alternative are used  to compliment each other.  I guess it all depends on what you mean by "serious".  If someone had a "serious" motor cycle accident and needs blood, surgery, and antibiotics immediately to prevent a life threatening situation, then I would think that alternative medicine may not be the best solution.  If a "serious condition" means something like cancer...then the patient needs to weigh out the pros and cons of going either way.  They may even want to discuss combining the two as stated above.  Alternative medicine, however, may be an excellent choice for say... fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue or control of recurring headaches.  I guess a good patient is an informed patient. Good question!

3. deblipp profile image57
    deblippposted 6 years ago

I believe alternative medicine is an *alternative* and should be used when conventional medicine is inadequate. I mean, if you have cancer, you should try *everything,* from chemo to acupuncture.