Are you into Homeopathic, holistic, alternative medicine healing & home remedies

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Are you into Homeopathic, holistic, alternative medicine healing & home remedies...and...

If you have faith in and use methods of integrative medicine, please share with us, what remedies you use, for what ailments\injuries and elaborate on your experiences.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13758209_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image47
    Ericdierkerposted 6 years ago

I am really interested here Paula, I really want to hear from somebody who thinks Holistic stuff is nuts.
    About twenty years ago I got a dose of Methotrexate into my arm. They raced me to the ER. All went fine but the next day they put a shunt that went right into my heart. The drug was so potent that it would kill arteries if not immediately diluted by the heart.
    They called that medical care. I do not think wholeheartedly that the drugs killed my fatal cancer. Well it worked I suppose.
    This time I am getting rid of wild and crazy crap like Sodium Benzoate and on an on.
    No chemo yet and no progression in the cancer.
    A lot of mind/body stuff. A ton of good stuff to eat and very little processed or white sugar or preservatives.
    Someone who says they do not "believe" in holistic s or or alternative care are morons. Belief has nothing to do with the success. It ain't wizardry it is the common sense of eating a Dandelion salad instead of one sprayed with chemies.
    If chemies can cure you why can't the kill you? If the natural born you why can't it keep you alive and well?

1. Ken Burgess profile image71
      Ken Burgessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that Eric, I have nothing I would consider of real value to say in regards to your condition, but perhaps this video could lead to something.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0ndjDUuiQ

2. Ericdierker profile image47
      Ericdierkerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Ken. Somethings just are what they are. But the really cool thing is that I might not see my youngest grow old, however with our healthy lifestyle he will live a lot longer than I will.

3. billybuc profile image86
    billybucposted 6 years ago

I really trust in my own immune system. I don't take antibiotics or anything over the counter.  Of course, I don't get sick, either, so I'm not sure what value my opinion has.  I don't get the flue, or bad colds, or anything like that.  I just keep on truckin' and let my body do the heavy work of keeping me healthy. smile

fpherj48posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Bro....You have been graced with great genetics.  I'm sure your clean, healthy living, lots of fresh air, activity & the love of a good woman are all a part of this wealth of health you have!!  (& fortunately, you don't cook for URself!!)  LO

2. billybuc profile image86
      billybucposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hell, I hadn't thought about the cooking angle, Sis!  LOL Actually I do cook for myself, but Bev won't eat what I eat. smile Wise woman!

3. fpherj48 profile image60

Bev IS a smart lady.  She obviously supports PREVENTIVE medicine!!  LOL.....Awwww I love ya bro.  I also love to harass you.  I'm sure you've noticed!

4. The0NatureBoy profile image56
    The0NatureBoyposted 6 years ago

From my early childhood I have rejected AMA and company's form of healing, it made no sense to me to be vaccinated and the like. Turpentine on sugar and "caster oil" were the only other medications for internal healing and "animal fat" with a penny on it for cuts was all I remember being used.

Because of my 33 years as a nomad before arriving in DC in 2009 I discovered recognizing my own life-force as "god" and drinking any water any other animal will drink from - our bodies need its microscopic life-types - and eating raw form almost any seed producing plant has maintained my health thus far. There are things I'm experimenting with now that's helping me overcome the back problem from carrying backpacks, some weighing up to 50 pounds, for many of those years.

On many products have seen written "if swallowed do not induce regurgitating" but from every poison I've encountered, many I don't know what they were and one snake bite, regurgitating and/or bowel movements protected me.

Eli....OK!  Sounds 2 me like U take living off the earth, all the way!  Good 4 U. We have 2 wonder about how our ancestors remained healthy & I think there's a lot 2 learn by researching their lives & habits.Thanks so much 4 stopping 2 chat.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image88
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Paula - I tried some holistic things that never really worked for me or I had allergic reaction to a couple (Arnica was one) so my knowledge there is limited. But I am really into herbs and natural remedies. I keep celery seed on my table to add to salads or sprinkle on anything to help keep my kidneys healthy for one example. But before we do anything we need to know what these things do to have a side effect we do not want so I try to research pretty good. Celery seed can lower blood pressure which is great but if you are on a pill to lower it already then you have to watch that. Never been a problem for me. I have a cuff and keep check though.
    I figure I have as good a chance figuring it out as these people who dump all these chemicals in all the medicines we get forced to take.
    I always try for alkaline diet to keep cancer away, cancer cannot live in an alkaline body and everyone should know and remember that. Once you have it, it may be too late. I use lemon daily and some claim that is not alkaline so I do alkaline teas, too. Mother's Vinegar is a must and there you have to protect your teeth if you are using it in a drink (wearing the enamel) but in salads, no worry and so good!
    I just love buying herbs and using them on everything. I make sure how each one does before using another in case there is an allergy which would be rare with herbs but some claim it is so...so better safe than sorry.
    Anyway I just can't imagine soups and salads not filled with all these delicious flavors and it is so much fun trying something new. Inexpensive too!
    Cucumbers, cabbage,celery, broccoli....so many good things for you there and in too many things to mention here really. Just look for the nutrition and benefits and fill your diet with them. (Besides lowering cholesterol, cucumber also gives us a beautiful smooth complexion!) (Celery stalks in smoothies will wipe pain away in no time!)
    Whatever the reason, I have not had flu in over 10 years. I do stay out of fast foods that handle (touch with bare hands) their foods during flu season.
    Thanks for letting me share my jewels!

Jackie...Sounds like U got it going on, Girlfriend. At least U keep informed & know it's important 2 research. Every little bit helps & adds 2 our immune system. Yes, & alkaline diet is THE diet of all, 4 cancer prevention! Good work!

2. Ken Burgess profile image71
      Ken Burgessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Great post, lemon, raw garlic, celery, all things I have entered into my diet in the past and need to re-introduce once again with more awareness.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image75
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Last time someone took my blood, they told me my triglyceride count was way past normal. It's something that runs in the family. The person insisted I see another doctor for that, to start taking statins.

I, however, have zero interest in taking prescription medications such as those. So I put some apple cider vinegar in my wine.

But more effective, I think, will be preventing anyone from taking my blood again. As a matter of fact, I stopped going to that doctor to get the anti-depressants purely because they were taking  my blood and suggesting I needed further medication.

Wes..I replied hrs ago. Must have left w/o posting! If UR not going back 2C UR Dr..make sure U can get UR Rx somewhere. Must NOT do immediate cessation of anti-Deps! It's a weaning process. Abrupt stop can wreak havoc!  U hear me??

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image75
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Stopped taking them months ago. I was absolutely dependent on those meds to sleep. I couldn't sleep for two or three days after I ran out. I bet I lost ten pounds of fat too. Pure win. Paula, you're freaking me out with the alternative prime typing.

3. fpherj48 profile image60

Wes..U stop that!! Don't mention that freak again! I swear, Imma drive 2 Texas & whup UR butt! 2x's now, I sent U a comment & it didn't show up.Had 2 do it again just when I send 2 "U," so the issue has 2B at UR end! Quit pissin me off U brat

7. Ken Burgess profile image71
    Ken Burgessposted 6 years ago

I don't believe I have talked about this much on the Hub, I am becoming more involved and aware of diet and health matters on another forum I am spending time on... my knowledge is growing.

I will say what I have learned, is that many of our foods today are toxic to us, and a source of cancer causing elements being entered into our systems.

Our foods today because of how they are processed. engineered, or raised are also devoid of many critical nutrients.  That wasn't the case a quarter century or more ago.

The best thing you can do for positive health I believe is avoid GMOs, avoid as much as possible having meats in your diet, eat more greens, more raw nuts and fruits, and lower your calorie intake, and amount of meals (two meals a day is plenty, with minimal or no snacking in between).

Minimizing eating, and avoiding processed foods, allows your system to naturally balance itself, create its own insulin, cleanse out the toxins, etc. etc.

Typical American eating habits today, and the amounts and types of 'foods' eaten today, are the greatest cause of Heart Disease, Cancer, and other health issues that have multiplied a thousand fold in just the last 50 years.

A-Okay Ken! Written by an authentic xpert, so quite clearly,UR  learning very well! Good 4 U.I'm a dedicated believer. W/ extensive research & careful scrutiny, I've taken myself off 3 Rx's & replaced them. Good lab results,convinced my Dr.

8. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 6 years ago

Sort of. Warm olive oil inserted in the ear helps relieve earaches. Gargling with hot water and salt kills a sore throat, if caught early. The same mixture dripped between the nostrils clears up the sinus passage. Beyond that, I just don't buy stuff, like nasal sprays and other easy fixes for minor ailments. And I just avoid eating foods that contain mono-anything.
    However, I am reading a book entitled "The Other Side of Impossible. It's about people with arthritis, MS, ADHD and other ailments, who changed their diets to gluten free and/or the Paleo diet. In so doing, they almost miraculously changed their lives. However, such diets are not easy to follow.
    Good question, Paula. I see you have some interesting answers.
    Long story short, the old adage, "You are what you eat" is so very true.

Yves,  Gosh, I can remember back as far as a small kid, my Grandmother dropping the warm olive oil in my ears! I've also gargled w/ warm salt water.Both really work! My Gram swore by bay leaf tea 4 tummy troubles.The book sounds interesting. Thanks!

9. Blessed Success profile image70
    Blessed Successposted 6 years ago

I am studying for my PhD/Doctorate in Natural Medicine and have employed many natural modalities with good results. I especially love aromatherapy. I am recently certified in Neurofeedback and am excited to be involved with training our brain to help our bodies heal.  Did you know that the brain is the best pharmacy in the world with the ability to release over 30,000 neuro-chemicals in a moments notice. We have used supplements that helped my daughter get off Arthritis drugs and are currently using Auriculotherapy for many issues (since I've just finished my training in this as well).

10. KsenijaZ profile image80
    KsenijaZposted 6 years ago

Yes, so into it - especially with my kids.
    I believe everything starts with a 'good gut', so proper, unprocessed food is elemental (a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, less sugar, ...).
    My older, 5 years old, saw the doctor 2 times in her life (because I wasn't really sure at the time if I correctly diagnosed the disease). My kids are not often sick, but when they do get sick I use homeopathy, aromatherapy, Ayurveda, herbs, home remedies (like mixing some spices, honey, ...). We were fighting with some strong atopic dermatitis at the age of 6 months. Doctors could only prescribe corticosteroids - I was 'hell no', so we kinda started to study natural therapies on our own and in a half a year we manage to cure our baby (mostly from the inside out). So, yes, nature has it all for us, we just have to find it. I don't give my kids any antibiotics, even when she had quite bad Otitis media last winter. I hope it stays this way, so I am willing to read, learn and study more and more, for every disease my family will get.

Ur "good gut," comment is 100% accurate & so vital. Altho, frugal & budget-minded.There is 1 expense I will never scrimp on & that is my food,beverage & supplements!  It should B of primary concern 2 all. Eat well, eat clean, fresh, &

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)