jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Up late bc of caffeine...

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Up late bc of caffeine...

I shared a soda with my daughter while shopping today -- not fully considring the effects caffeine has on me.
    What about you?  Please answer the following:
    (1) Does caffeine affect you?  How badly?
    (2) Do you refer to carbonated beverages as: [a] coke, regardless of brand or flavor {common in southern states}; [b] pop; [c] soda; [d] soda pop; or [e] other.  Please write your answer in full so readers do not have to scroll to reference.  Thanks for playing. smile

2. Monisajda profile image74
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I don't drink soda because of high amounts of sugar it contains. Sugar free sodas have artificial sweeteners that are not really that healthy either. Instead, I drink a good cup of tea that I brew from leaves and drink from a fancy china. It is not just about drinking it, it matters how it is presented.

1. Caffeine affects me but I don't drink coffee, this can make my heart go too fast and it scares me. So as I said earlier I drink black tea, it still has caffeine but less and it works better for me.
    2. Here people call it soda.

3. fordie profile image74
    fordieposted 6 years ago

1. Yes - enough that I try not to consume any after midday
    2. Other: coke for all colas, fizzy drinks more generally

4. visionandfocus profile image71
    visionandfocusposted 6 years ago

1. I'm vey sensitive to caffeine. Can't have any tea, coffee, coke after early afternoon (around 3pm is my cut-off time), otherwise it'll take me forever to fall asleep.

2. pop