jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think is the reason why people are becoming more shallow nowadays?

1. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

What do you think is the reason why people are becoming more shallow nowadays?

2. Jussayn profile image60
    Jussaynposted 6 years ago

It seems the 'news' media is what now determines what is worthy of our attention and what is not. It shapes the minds of most these days especially the young and makes celebrity of nothing more than outrageous immoral behavior in the name of ratings. It's like a circle of monster feeding the masses and the masses in turn praise and raise the monster over and over.

3. Extinct Soul profile image58
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

The technology made us dependent on high powered machines, instant foods, megabyte memory, and disposable things thus making human lazy and shallow. Technology let's us reach our dreams, but suppressed important emotions that help us grow. Made us conquer outer space but not the space within ourselves.
    Technology isn't bad, I'm not against it and I believe we have really gone too far....too far.

4. profile image50
    druhepkinsposted 6 years ago

Pop culture plays a huge part. Music is dummied down these days, the artists are hardly talented and songs are written about partying and absolutely nothing. TV is dummied down with empty reality shows like Jersey Shore huge with popularity, and uneducated, talentless idiots are constantly being glorified in this day and age. News media is dummied down and politics and politicians have been reduced to popularity contests and 0 substance.

This generation constantly shows kids that losers win and the empty people famous for no reason prosper. Unfortunately, rock stars, TV and pop culture has the biggest influence on a generation and it shows.

No one cares about politics, spirituality or altruism because it's suppressed in modern day culture.

5. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

I think all of you are right, the good thing is that all of you are smart enough to tell what's feeding your life and what's not; other people won't even realize because they like that shallow life so much. I'm not a genius or expert in rocket science but I feel a whole lot smarter and complete than all the people out there that worship reality tv stars and only care about mundane things in life. I do realise that life is too short to take it way too seriously but c'mon... people shouldn't take it to an extreme.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this question, I'll be expecting more answers from other hubbers as well.

6. slappywalker profile image99
    slappywalkerposted 6 years ago

I think shallow people were probably always shallow, it's just more obvious now because television and the internet are "on" 24/7. I don't think there was ever a true golden age for when the majority of people were educated and enlightened.

7. SuperheroSales profile image60
    SuperheroSalesposted 6 years ago

People are shallow because they're used to getting what they want when they want it.  Since they really don't have to necessarily wait to get the things they want they don't understand the consequences of what they are doing.