jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has anyone had lasik before?

1. luvs2write profile image56
    luvs2writeposted 6 years ago

Has anyone had lasik before?

I'm considering getting lasik but I'm kinda scared. I'm also diabetic, does that disclude me?

2. JT Walters profile image78
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is a diuretic. It can be used for a variiety of reasons from headahcs to CHF.

3. soozeqsh profile image80
    soozeqshposted 6 years ago

I don't know about the diabetic aspect, but I had laser surgery which was a bad experience.  I wrote a hub about it http://hubpages.com/hub/True-Grit-My-La … Nightmare, good luck.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

My younger brother had lasik about 5 years ago. It was pretty good as his eyesight has improved greatly.

It is better to choose a qualified doctor to conduct the operation to be on the safe side. I have heard stories about people going for cheaper operation and ended up disaster.

With the current new technology, it should be easier and better. I do believe the doctor will be able to advice you if you can take the operation.

5. supplies expert profile image59
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure how being a diabetic would disclude you, but I am not  doctor.  A few of my good friends have had lasik, most with very good experiences.  Typically people with lighter eyes have more sensitive eyes though and my one friend with blue eyes had said it hurt a ton, after the surgery was over for about 45 minutes.  But after that he said it wasn't so bad and he is able to see perfectly.  (He also had said that he left the doctors and he didn't have a hat on, only the dark sunglasses and therefore some sun got in and hit his eyes which caused the pain)

Two of my other friends had lasik and they were fine, and they are now able to see perfectly and love the fact that they had Lasik. 

From a scared point of view, I totally see why you would be scared, I would be too, but I don't see why not just go for it, make sure you have a reputable doctor, and I think you will be fine.

Just be careful right after the surgery and stay away from bright lights and keep your eyes safe.