jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

At what gestation does baby run out of room to turn around?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

At what gestation does baby run out of room to turn around?

In late pregnancy, is there a gestational age (like 36 weeks or beyond) when a baby would run out of room to turn around (like from breech to birth position, etc..) or is there an approximate weight/height that would make it so baby was stuck in one position or another?

2. loneparentgiggles profile image59
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

Well, i'm not entirely sure... ( and I'm a mum of one). I was under the impression though space became limited they still had enough to turn. Then again, maybe they don't. I'm sorry I can't be more help, I think that once they are head down they can't though, as soon as their head is engaged they aren't going anywhere but down!

3. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

I don't know the exact age for that.  But on one of my later appointments of the 3rd trimester my baby was found to be in the breech position.  I was so stressed out! My friend said in her pregnancy that she could feel exactly when her baby had turned, from its movements.  I got even more stressed because I never felt this with my baby even though I was trying hard to 'listen' to my body and the baby. Then on a subsequent appointment, my doctor noted that my baby had turned to head-down, and I'd never felt it or known.  So, just keep up with your doctor's appointments and follow his or her advice and directions, and try not to stress.

4. profile image52
    dbullemerposted 6 years ago

Baby never runs out of room to turn. My son was lying across my belly at my second to last visit so the doctor tried to get him to turn by massage and actually digging into my belly to turn him. I had red sore marks after that and it didn't work! A few days later I was lying in bed talking to my mother who was standing beside me when he finally decided to get into birthing position so suddenly that he kicked me in the diaphram!Talk about taking my breath away! LOL! My mother got to witness this too.

working