jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I am 46 and don't know much about menapause . Has anybody got advice on coping w

1. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

I am 46 and don't know much about menapause . Has anybody got advice on coping with it ?

I think it is getting close as I get a really hot face but as we are traveling I don't really have anyone to talk to about it so wondered how you got on if you have been there ,done that !

2. joyfuldesigns profile image66
    joyfuldesignsposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if its ok to post to a hub or not, but I've written a hub on the topic at:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Exploring-Bio-I … usal-Women

I can be a very tough thing to go through.  I actually had ablation surgery about 3 years ago for it.

3. productivitycoach profile image55
    productivitycoachposted 6 years ago

Drink lots of water, and try to limit your triggers for hot flashes - which is what it sounds like you've begun experiencing.  Triggers are different for everyone, so pay attention to any pattern you find - could be reaction to caffeine, red meat, stress ...

You might be one of the lucky ones that will just feel slightly flushed now and then, as opposed to the unlucky ones who have a hot flash every hour!!

Do discuss it with your health practitioner when you get a chance.  It's not an illness, although it may at times feel like it.  Recognize that your hormones might put you on roller coaster of moods - kind of like in your teens smile

I wish you all the best!

4. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 6 years ago

Try to stay as cool as possible.  It doesn't take much to make you hot.  I'm on Estroven Maximum strength and they're good for now.  So, find some over the counter medication to help you control the flashes because you're definitely going to need it.

5. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Menopause could be time of distress for some women. Here is some useful information on the age of menopause, symptoms, treatment and relief that you could use.. read more

6. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Been there, done that!!! As I will be turning 50 this year I know what you are going through. I have written an article on menopause with supplements to try, along with symptoms. http://artist101.hubpages.com-menapause-the-midlife-meltdown Your physican can run a fsh, follicle stimulating hormone test, to verify. The test must be run before 9am, as our hormones are at the lowest in the am. Always consult a physican first before proceeding, to rule out any underlying illness. Rotate thru the supplements until you find relief, everyone is different, what works for one may not work for another. All have been researched, and proven to help. I hope it helps, let me know.