jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it bad for you not to warm up before a gym workout if you start with the cros

1. SummerSurf profile image61
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Is it bad for you not to warm up before a gym workout if you start with the crosstrainer?

2. DavyJones02 profile image83
    DavyJones02posted 6 years ago

No, the crosstrainer is a great start to a work out, do your warming-up on the crosstrainer itself. Start for 10 minutes with low intensity, don't move too quickly. After those 10 minutes your muscles and tendons will be warm and more elastic and your ready for the heavier work!

3. Injured lamb profile image78
    Injured lambposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is bad for you not to warm up before any workout. A 5-10 minutes warm up is advisable to stretch your muscles, especially your lower leg - calf muscles.

4. TheFitnessGuy profile image58
    TheFitnessGuyposted 6 years ago

No, it's perfectly fine to use a Crosstrainer as a means for warming up. You should, of course, avoid going 100% right off the bat, but it's a perfectly acceptable machine to use for a warm-up.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

if you are using a cross-trainer it shouldn't be an issue though i always advise people to stretch a bit before starting any exercise even is it is just going for a long walk. i'm bad for warming up before i workout but so far it hasn't bothered me but that's not to say i wouldn't benefit more if i did warm up first.

6. SummerSurf profile image61
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Thanks for this...it's encouraging as I have little patience for the warm up.  If I therefore take it easy on the cross trainer that should be a sufficient means of warming up.  I like the idea of this as I still get to count the calories I'm burning during the warm up.

7. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

Crosstrainers are great for warm up as you use both arms and legs allowing you to thoroughly warm up more joints. Just don't overdo it & tire yourself out to much. 5 -10 minutes at a moderate pace is perfect.

8. chasemillis profile image67
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

yes you should always warm up because it prepares your muscles to workout essentially

working