jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How often do you get cold sores? How do you treat them?

1. Smart is Good profile image61
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

How often do you get cold sores? How do you treat them?

2. RandomLife profile image61
    RandomLifeposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5361779_f260.jpg

I've never had had one but according to Encyclopedia of Healing Juices by (medical anthropologist) John Heinerman, you can juice grapes (in a juicer bc the stuff you get at the store has hardly any actual juice). Grapes are known to put the herpes simplex virus into remission. Hope this helps and here is a link in case you are interested in checking out my resource. Personally, this has been an invaluable resource for me. If you decide to check out my hubpage you can read about my alternative medicine for thyroid, through juicing radishes, which was inspired by this book as well. Here is a link to the book!   http://www.amazon.com/Heinermans-Encycl … 0130575712

3. calpol25 profile image69
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

I get them now and again, I always use tea tree oil on them it makes them go away quicker.

4. chefspecial profile image60
    chefspecialposted 6 years ago

Vinegar.  It works wonders!  It is all natural and will make them disappear as quickly as an over the counter product.

5. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

Not to often. Mostly in the winter time. I use regular chap stick and sometimes Vaseline. It works wonders.

6. Dexter Yarbrough profile image85
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

You can take Lysine tablets. You should find them in the vitamin/health aisle in a drug or regular grocery store. From what I understand, taking more than 1500mg will stop cold sores from occurring. The key is to not have them appear in the first place.

7. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Occassionally I get them in the winter months. As soon as I feel it start to tingle, I treat with zovirax cream which you can buy over the counter from drug stores and pharmacies. Hope this helps.

8. Cloverleaf profile image87
    Cloverleafposted 6 years ago

The absolute best thing to try is Oregano Oil.

Oregano Oil is naturally antiviral, and has anti-inflammatory and anesthetic properties.  For very safe and fast relief, apply a single drop directly onto the cold sore and repeat 2-3 times a day.

working