jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many hours of sleep do you get on average?

1. Nspeel profile image77
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

It is healthy to sleep no more than 8 hours a day. I know a lot of people sleep over 10 and on the reverse side a lot of people sleep less than 6 hours. Where do you fall and why?

2. cephla profile image60
    cephlaposted 6 years ago

I've always had sleep issues, so it always between 3 hours and 12 hours. I never manage anything between 6 and 8 hours. It's always closer to the extremes.

3. pandy2323 profile image65
    pandy2323posted 6 years ago

I have always loved to sleep, but with school being all hectic (even though it's only the second week in), I only have at MOST 6 hours of sleep every day- if I'm lucky. My school's very competitive, so I have a LOT of work, and the work is considered pretty hard. And no, you are not witnessing my common act of procrastination: I'm taking a break smile. But I still have to finish studying for my last test (I have 4 tomorrow). sigh.

Anyways, no. I believe it's actually pretty healthy to sleep between 8 and 10 hours a day. As all things go, however, too much of anything is not good. It also depends on the person, and his or her form/style of sleeping. Does the 10+ hours mean: sleep 5 hours, do work, take 2 hours power nap, do more work, sleep another 5 hours? Or is it simply a start-to-stop thing?

4. anujagarwal profile image63
    anujagarwalposted 6 years ago

I always love to sleep more... but due to busy lifestyle, I still manage to sleep for 6-8 hours.

5. Carlon Michelle profile image69
    Carlon Michelleposted 6 years ago

I thrive on seven hours of sleep per night.  I generally get this amount as well.  I can go on as little as 5 hours of sleep and be okay as long as I don't have one of these nights more than once a week.

When I was younger (still at home as a kid) my mother heard 8 hours of sleep was best for children so that is what she made certain we got each night.  However, as I got older and put more activity into my day there were time periods where sleeping just wasn't important.  You know when you hang out late with friends or dating.  But once I got into a serious work schedule of a full time job and keeping house proper rest was essential for me to get the most out of myself.

The only time I sleep past 7 or 8 hours is when I am ill.  When I see daylight, my body says get up so that's what I do.

Smile!

6. Stephiliboo profile image58
    Stephilibooposted 6 years ago

I wish I could sleep more than 6 hours a night. I rarely even sleep 6! That is a good night for me! I generally average anywhere from 4 to 5 and I function decently.

working