jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What was the longest stretch of time that you've actually stayed up for, without

1. CloudExplorer profile image79
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

What was the longest stretch of time that you've actually stayed up for, without falling asleep?

Many people have an issue with sleeping, some just enjoy staying awake for long periods of time on end till they pass out cold, tell us the longest length of time you've ever stayed awake.

2. Sinea Pies profile image76
    Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago

Perhaps 24 hours.  I was in college, writing a thesis that was due.  I had to stay awake.

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Ugh, teenage years I stay up quite a lot, sleeping pattern is ruined.

I can remember waking up at 7am on Sunday one week on the holidays, then not going to bed till 8pm on a Tuesday. If my maths is correct that's 48 hours? (I failed Maths)

4. Phil Plasma profile image76
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

Back in 1995 I went to Arizona and hooked up with about 30 other people, all of us having met each other online but very few of us ever having met face to face.  We rented a camp for a week.  For the first three days I did not sleep, I stayed up late at night with the younger part of the group (I was 19 years old at the time), until four or five in the morning, and then at 5:30 or 6:00 some of the older people in the group would be waking up, so I stayed awake to greet them.  By the end I was having hallucinations, but I was up for about 80 hours.

In 1996, we repeated the week long gathering only there were 60 of us this time, and it was in the UK.  For the last three days I didn't sleep as I had hooked up with someone so we spent the very late night hours together, she would then go to sleep as the early risers woke (ending our private time) and I would stay up to chat with them.  This was also for about 80 hours.

5. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

In my late teens I worked for a supermarket chain and was partly responsible for a store re-fit.

I was up at 6 on the Friday Morning to go to University- did my full day at Uni and then started work on the re-fit checkout system at 7 pm

I finished working at 11pm on the Saturday night and someone had the lunacy (or genius) of saying 'Shall we go out clubbing'. We were young and foolish and were queing up to get into a club at midnight then partied the night away til about 4am before a trip to a local kebab shop

We caught up with a couple of young ladies we knew in the kebab shop and ended up back at theirs for a few more drinks. Conicidently one of my friends is now married to one of the girls and they got things together that night. It could have been so different!

A few drinks turned into a few more. And I rolled home around midday!

54 hours of coffee, red bull (and vodka)

Only when you're young!

6. Allen Williams profile image82
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

There have been many times when I was awake for several days at a time, but the longest that I remember was just over 6 full days without any sleep.  I think I crashed for about 5 hours after that, which is about twice as much sleep as I usually get on a normal day.

7. jake13edward profile image57
    jake13edwardposted 6 years ago

The longest I've been awake is from 8 in the morning to 6 the next morning.Watching movies from my iphone.

8. LacretiaHardy profile image60
    LacretiaHardyposted 6 years ago

I think the longest I stayed awake was for about 60 hours straight.  I was hosting a weekend event and the overnight security didn't show up, so my husband and I had to be the security team!  If one of us had thought of it, it would have made a hilarious YouTube video because we were deliriously sleepy and paranoid!  I definitely do not recommend staying up for that long - your body needs rest to repair itself - but sometimes, when you're running the show, you gotta do what you gotta do!

9. profile image0
    Emer420posted 6 years ago

I stayed up for 48 hours once.  It was hell.