They say "A boxers strength is in his legs". It is also true of other fighters,

1. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

They say "A boxers strength is in his legs".  It is also true of other fighters, even footballers...

What are the best exercises for strengthening the legs, building stamina and even awareness of where they are and knowing where they need to be.  All relevant answers will be appreciated, but particularly looking for those that don't cost a lot and can be done in or around the home.

2. Sean Evans profile image84
    Sean Evansposted 6 years ago

well over all training is key.  How ever if I had to pick 3 exercises, then I'd pick:
    1) Squats.  Dig down, feel like passing out sore for 4 days kinda of barbbell squats
    2) Prowler runs -  Nothing like the cardio-intensity of this to push your body
    3) Agility ladders WITH a pilates band under your knees.  LOL try it and see.

I know the first one you can't really do at home, unless your crazy like me, when I use to have a squat rack in my basement that could hold i think 800 pounds safely.

2 & 3 can be done at home. Instead of a prowler, you can do your very own make shift weighted sled.  Number 3 agility ladders and pilates bands are cheap but i'm sure you can be creative.

Enjoy!

3. wingedcentaur profile image85
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

Go to the local track and field stadium and run up and down the bleachers. When you're ready for it, put on ankle weights. You might also try running up the bleachers backwards.

If you walk, as you walk down the street, for example, try walking with one foot on the curb and one foot in the street. Then alternate as you go the other way.

working