jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you fee about arsenic being found in name brand apple juice?

1. instantlyfamily profile image81
    instantlyfamilyposted 6 years ago

How do you fee about arsenic being found in name brand apple juice?

EPA limits arsenic in drinking water to 10 parts per billion, currantly there is no limit for arsenic in apple juice. "Gerber Apple Juice" highest tested sample: 36 parts per billion. "Juicy Juice" highest tested sample 22 parts per billion.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5516233_f260.jpg

2. Sun-Girl profile image59
    Sun-Girlposted 6 years ago

Can't really understand this question.Please can you ask this question to my understanding.

3. KaeliElyse profile image53
    KaeliElyseposted 6 years ago

That's horrible!  I'm no fan of giving the kids I nanny for juice, it's either water or milk or tea.. This makes me feel better about this choice.  I'm off to research this!

4. CWanamaker profile image100
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Personally i don't believe its as big of an issue as Dr. Oz makes it sound. Remember, he is doing a TV show. Besides, The sample size he used to test for Arsenic was not large enough to be statistically significant.  In other words, his sample and results are not representive of the actual situation because there weren't enough items tested.  Even so, i agree that there needs to be limits set on Arsenic in apple juice.

5. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

If people study how certain flavoring is made then they will know that in some  cases it involves adding some poison/chemical. People who work in these factories know what goes into the things we drink and eat. Something that is poisonous has a flavor and if you dilute it many times it can still retain that flavoring. When this has been done it is no longer poisonous but simply a flavor.
    Then again some people disagree and there are sites debating food and drink all over the web.

6. profile image0
    An AYMposted 5 years ago

I think the concern is inflated because Arsenic is an element, and as such is a normal component of the world we're exposed to.

working