jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever sticked to your New Year's resolution and what was it?

1. Ania L profile image83
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Have you ever sticked to your New Year's resolution and what was it?

2. Ivel01 profile image60
    Ivel01posted 6 years ago

I sure have made some I sticked to ... Such as

- doing yoga at least 4 times a week
    - writing down at least 1 postive fact/ day
    - eating a max of 1 processed food a day
    - eating only un-treated vegetables from my own garden (except for lentils and beans)

Having said this, I do believe that it is much more efficient to just start a new resolution whenever you are confronted with a real problem or issue and when change imposes naturally ...

Also, I would like to advocate making resolutions during times when you are high in energy and have a positive mind-set (eg after the summer holidays) ...

Most people start off the actual NEW YEAR's resolution on a bad foot: with too much alcohol, a complete last package of cigartes in just a few hours, too much food and just completely no energy (start a diet, a elaborated training program, or a postive mindset) with ALL THAT in your system (cause let's face it, most resolutions are about positivism, energy, health and diet ....

3. Emma Harvey profile image90
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

I don't remember ever making a new year's resolution, and if I did I didn't stick with it. I think if you want to change something, like your diet or quit smoking, you shouldn't wait for January to come around!

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Yes, I always make them and I always achieve them. Having said that, I've made a long-term habit of goal-setting and making those goals very specific and actionable. They're always goals that I really want to achieve, and then I break them down into bite-sized chunks that I do every day or week. Most New Year's resolutions have weekly tasks -- and by the end of the year, I always think I didn't challenge myself enough. Too many people who make New Year's resolutions work on them for about a week or two in January, and then maybe again in December and forget about it the rest of the time.