jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you prefer cardio or weight training workouts?

1. cre8ivOne profile image75
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

Do you prefer cardio or weight training workouts?

2. OutsideTheLines profile image59
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

It completely depends on what I am trying to attain. If I want to shed weight I go for cardio, but since lifting weights can burn more calories than cardio in a shorter amount of time I generally go for the stack.

3. fit2day profile image73
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I really like a mix of both. I mainly like weight training because I like to maintain muscle strength and tone. I like cardio workouts because they help me improve heart function and running a few miles does wonders in the fight against respiratory illness.

4. BayouDumbbells profile image55
    BayouDumbbellsposted 6 years ago

I do a mixture of both, but I prefer weight training workouts for the greater proportion - significantly greater. Weight training workouts facilitate our concentration on specific parts of the body better. With them, I can strengthen and tone my parts the way I want. And, I like the feeling of weight lifting more than doing cardio workouts.

5. profile image49
    danmossposted 6 years ago

I also do a mixture of both but  truth be told, I tend to favor weight training most of the times.

6. profile image0
    trainer ben gamonposted 6 years ago

why chose? i like to do a mix of both it is more efficient.
    my favorite workouts are TRX and battling rope.
    check out my hubs about it, you will definitely be interested in using the TRX at least.

7. George Kagiso profile image59
    George Kagisoposted 5 years ago

I prefer weight training, but this does not mean that l disqualify cardio. Weight training is a great way of reducing body fat levels while gaining muscle, provided that you are not on a bulk diet.