jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Has anyone successfully lost weight by exercising on the Nintendo Wii?

1. mandypoole profile image60
    mandypooleposted 6 years ago

Has anyone successfully lost weight by exercising on the Nintendo Wii?

My husband brought me a Wii and some games such as Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus etc as I want to exercise and lose weight but don't have the time or money to attend the gym. I was wondering if anyone has had any success losing weight in this way? How did you keep motivated to play regularly?

I used to attend the gym a few years ago, and took part in Aerobics, Aqua Aerobics, Legs Bums and Tums and Step classes which were brilliant as I had the support of the group and the fitness teacher to motivate me. But at home it is very hard to stay focused and exercise on my own! Any advice?

2. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

Yes, I have lost weight, not that I wanted to, I wanted to tone up. But it took like a couple of months before I realized that I went from a size 8 to a size 6. You have to be persistent and regular with the routine for it to work. I like the way I feel after I do exercise.

3. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Totally. When I was using it every day for a couplw hours i dropped 20 pounds in just a few weeks in combination with weights and eating healthy.

4. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

I lost weight using the EA Sports Active 2 game on Wii. I found it to be better than the Wii Fit since it takes you through an entire pre-loaded or custom workout without stopping to choose what's next. There is also a trainer who leads you through all of the exercises and tells you if your form is correct.  All it requires is the game, the resistance band and the monitors it provides and the Wii remote.

A bonus to this game is you can connect to others online who use the game and form groups to support each other. I joined a group back in March and we have been encouraging each other on FB.

5. profile image51
    Nina Gillposted 6 years ago

I think you would and also tone your muscles as well longest you are doing it couple of days through out the week. It probably will also help if you making sure what you eating through a day because if you are working out but eating more fatty stuff through out the day, you might not see it but other than that it does. I really especially like the fact it has yoga.

6. oopsydoopsygirl profile image59
    oopsydoopsygirlposted 6 years ago

I lost weight doing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). I was doing this for 30 min a day and dropped 20# in a couple months. I also did the boxing on Wii Sports but that wasn't as fun, so I didn't do that as often.

working