jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If I have tattoos can I still sell plasma?

1. profile image49
    Tom Tomlinsonposted 6 years ago

If I have tattoos can I still sell plasma?

Plasma donation

2. skgrao profile image71
    skgraoposted 6 years ago

Tattoo is on your skin not on your plasma.Why did you get tattoo and where all it is seen you are not having on your hand I guess.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I believe so, yes. I know that there's a time limit after getting a tattoo and donating blood, but I'm not sure if it's the same for plasma. I believe it's six months for donating blood, if that helps any.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

There is usually a time limit. Normally you have to wait six months after getting inked. However, as I found out, there are restrictions on how many tats you can have and still donate. I know in most places you can't have more than one-quarter of an arm covered.

5. ms jessica marie profile image73
    ms jessica marieposted 6 years ago

each company for donating plasma has a different policy on this.  the plasma center near me will only accept you if you dont have any tats less than year old and only if you have six or less.  however, the center in the next town over pays more, ur tats only have to be six months old and it doesnt matter how many you have.  i would call your plasma center, dont give them your name over the phone that way they dont know before you go in, and simply ask them. no one here will be able to tell you what you need to know unless they are donating at the same center you are.