jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is high fructose consumption a major contribution to over weight condition?

1. proton66 profile image61
    proton66posted 6 years ago

Is high fructose consumption a major contribution to over weight condition?

I feel that there is a hidden agenda somewhere. Most every foods & drinks have HFCS. The FDA says it is safe & the Corn Refiners Ass. says there are no toxins. Yet, there is no conclusive evidence that it is bad. So, who is kidding who?

2. Pente profile image81
    Penteposted 6 years ago

I have done a lot of research on this topic and I am convinced that HFCS is the major cause of obesity in the USA.

That sweetsurprise ad by the corn refiners association is misleading. HFCS may seem to be almost identical to table sugar (which isn't all that great for you anyway) chemically, but research has shown that it is much more to conducive to obesity in rats than regular sugar.

Glucose decrease hunger, while fructose increases hunger.

Personally, I have lost a lot of weight since I quit drinking pop. My blood pressure also dropped a lot when I quit consuming fructose even before I lost all the weight.

BTW, this is an excellent example of how governments distort markets to harm people. Basically, all those corn subsidies are helping to make us fat.

3. fit2day profile image78
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I remember the high fructose corn syrup commercials and the whole sweet surprise propaganda. I sent them an e-mail a few years ago challenging their claims, but they never replied. For starters, corn is probably the most genetically altered food we have, so even by itself, it's not healthy.

When fructose is made from it, a whole can of worms are opened and like Pente said, it basically makes people addicted to food. It's sad that crap is available in such high supply and used in everything, ultimately people should go back to eating real food, all the processed nonsense makes us and our children sick.

4. rjsadowski profile image73
    rjsadowskiposted 6 years ago

No. Sugar is sugar. Your body can.t tell the difference whether it comes from corn, sugar cane, sugar beets or from bees. Eating too much causes overweight. And not exercising contributes to it.

5. profile image0
    trainer ben gamonposted 5 years ago

high fructose corn syrup is terrible for your body.
    i want for example one of my clients who was drinking sodas every day. i asked him to stop (which was hard) and he magically dropped 10lbs in one month.

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-101-M … amp;sr=1-1

working