jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you get over that gloomy on coming season/weather change?

1. Mandy Kei profile image58
    Mandy Keiposted 6 years ago

How do you get over that gloomy on coming season/weather change?

2. Mekenzie profile image81
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

The gloomy you speak of is known as SAD .. Seasonal Affective Disorder.  There are special light boxes and bulbs designed to imitate the sunlight of a sunny day inside your home. It works too!  If you type Seasonal affective Disorder or light therapy products in your search engine you will find a ton of articles and resources out there.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image80
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I remind myself that summer was long, hot and I couldn't go outside to take the garbage out without sweating. Winter may be cold and gloomy, but it's the perfect season to curl up with a book, some hot chocolate and delve into another world. smile

4. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

I never get over it but I have learned to endure it. Many are affected by weather some more severe than others. I think the key is to getting through the season is taking it a day at a time and just learning to cope.

5. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Try to make the best of it. Find things to do that you enjoy that are mostly for indoors. Build a puzzle, read a book, listen to music. Workout to a exercise DVD. Watch a funny movie. Sit by the window and let the sunshine hit your skin.

If you try to you will find that there are many ways to help you deal with the season change that make you feel upbeat and better about it.

At my website I have done an article specifically about this. It is very serious for some people as they can sink into terrible depression. It is a condition known as SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder. Make sure not to take this lightly as it can develop into full blown depression if you let it get the better of you.