jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

If the electrical grid was shut off tomorrow how would you survive?

1. eye say profile image81
    eye sayposted 6 years ago

If the electrical grid was shut off tomorrow how would you survive?

what would you do if you woke up tomorrow and there was no more electricity - it was gone for good?

2. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 6 years ago

Well I would be upset( no more internet and no more HubPages) BUT, would buy lots of candles, start collecting wood to stay warm, a few lanterns  and fuel can goods, water and then would just have to go from day to day to survive thinking of different things to get and do.

3. MazioCreate profile image71
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

I'd being looking to alternatives - solar and wind!  Living in Queensland with a sub-tropical climate does have its benefits and one of those is sunshine (downside of course is, it's the melanoma capital of the world).  I live on a ridge 300 metres from the beach and this presents itself for a wind turbine to generate electricity.

4. Eclairman profile image60
    Eclairmanposted 6 years ago

Normally , because electrical grid it's not applicated yet on my country ^^ LOL ^^

5. fit2day profile image80
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I think there would be widespread panic when people realized they had to verbally communicate with one another. I'd have a tough time adjusting, but I think things would be more manageable seeing as how the technology which was supposed to give us more freedom has created more complication.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

When that happens, I will revert back to the good old days of using wood, candle lights as the source of power. Also now I can utilize the solar panels to charge up my battery storage for additional power for lighting when there are no more candles. There will still be gas source of supply to replace electricity when it happens.

I do believe we are creatures of circumstances, therefore when such needs arises, we will be able to overcome and handle the situation.

7. Chasing Riley profile image82
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

It would be seriously rough but I'm sure I would adjust and maybe even embrace it. The hardest part would be the lack of warm showers so I think I'd find a way to go solar quickly!

8. Felixedet2000 profile image60
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

That will not be any problem at all, 'cause we in Nigeria are used to perpetual black out. But in anyways. man will survive even in worst situation.

9. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 6 years ago

I would immediately move to some abandoned lake house so I would have a constant supply of water and fish. Then I would improve the shelter as much as possible. Heating is not a problem in the south, and the lake would keep me cool in the summer.
    The lake would also provide entertainment and meditation.
    As for clothing, I could live with only basic protection.
    So, food, shelter, clothing, water would be covered.
    I would miss the internet, but take along a few good books.

10. Dave Mathews profile image62
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I will not answer this because some Muslim might get it in their mind to do something like that.

working