jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Green tea is useful when it is taken hot or cold?

1. snehasaha profile image61
    snehasahaposted 6 years ago

Green tea is useful when it is taken hot or cold?

2. Felixedet2000 profile image58
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

Green tea is useful both ways, hot or cold except by a doctor's prescription..

3. ArtzGirl profile image80
    ArtzGirlposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've heard that it has antibiotic-type qualities.  It is also supposed to help if you have eaten something that gives you bad breath.  It is cleansing and also supposedly speeds up your metabolism for weight loss.

4. Bianu profile image60
    Bianuposted 6 years ago

Tea, and other herbal brews are better when taken hot. The hot water extracts the constituents more effectively and is soothing to drink.

The only exception is when you have drawn the tea with hot water then chill it before drinking. It contains the actives but makes for a cool refreshing drink.

5. rosika profile image78
    rosikaposted 6 years ago

Tea compounds are best released onto the water after it is cooked or poured into the hot water. Its benefits are same if it is taken fresh, either cold or hot.

6. m0rd0r profile image73
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

Bot types are good. Even if you make cold extract from green tea, it is still very potent tonic. It just takes more time to get the cold water solve the useful theines inside the green tea.

Some compounds in the green tea are also fat soluble, so leaving the tea satchels in  milk will also have very pleasing effect on your general awareness.

7. athena2011 profile image56
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I prefer mine hot as I've never really liked iced tea. However, from what I've read it is beneficial to you in either form so have it your way. There seem to be more and more benefits of green tea every time I hear about it. I'm thrilled that I like it since it's so good for me.

8. Leenie Pooh profile image59
    Leenie Poohposted 6 years ago

Hot, cold, lukewarm ... any way you drink it green tea is great for you.

9. greatstuff profile image96
    greatstuffposted 6 years ago

best brewed hot as it will released all the nutrients and flavor..taken either cold or hot..I prefer hot.

10. Leanna McCarthy profile image68
    Leanna McCarthyposted 6 years ago

I think it's fine hot or cold, as long as you brew it hot first. The heat helps steep the antioxidants out of the leaves.

11. MickS profile image75
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Is it, what's the querstion, this is a statement, stticking a ? on the end doesn't change that.

working