jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

If someone told you " Hey you're fat!" Would you lose weight?

1. pajamazzon profile image60
    pajamazzonposted 6 years ago

If someone told you " Hey you're fat!" Would you lose weight?

2. rutley profile image77
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

it certainly would make me take another look in that funhouse mirror

3. lokoyizone profile image80
    lokoyizoneposted 6 years ago

At this present moment I will not care to try to lose weight because I know that I definitely am not fat.

4. catchpennyfashion profile image59
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

No. I think everyone should be confident and comfortable in their own skin. However if I was truly overweight and it affected my health I would lose weight for health purposes and not aesthetical.

5. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

Most likely the person already knows they are fat and might have difficulty losing weight.  It's not very easy to lose weight if there's a medical cause or addiction involved, or just using food for the comfort. Who want's to be unhealthy for the heck of it. 

If someone did say hey your fat that would give me a clear indication of this persons ability to seek understanding and the impact words can have in such matters.  That person would most likely be out of my life really fast.

6. profile image0
    djsdivaposted 6 years ago

First off no one should never say "hey you're fat!" that is just rude and uncalled for and is a sign of bullying.  In todays world we all need to be more cautious on how we approach someone regarding their weight issues. It is not for you or I to determine if someone else is overweight, it is up to the person and its up to them if they get help.  All we can do is lead them in the right direction to help them get the help they need and deserve.

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i would tell them "and you're ugly but i can always diet" .actually i'm in good shape so it doesn't count for me. if you are fat enough that people are commenting, just for health reasons you might want to lose weight but if you're happy, screw everyone ' opinion.

8. fit2day profile image80
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I'd laugh if someone told me I was fat. If I was though, they'd have to understand that losing weight isn't something you just press a button and do. I think it's dumb to tell somebody they're fat personally. I'm pretty sure the extremely large people I see in the stores are aware that they're overweight, but for the most part getting fat doesn't happen over night and neither does losing weight.

Think of this scenario. If I gain 1 pound a month, that'll go unnoticed. If I gain a pound a month for 20 years however, I'll have gained 240 pounds, so being fat is easier than people think, especially with all the junk that fills our grocery stores and the media giving false nutrition advice.

9. Rain Defence profile image94
    Rain Defenceposted 6 years ago

If it was just one person then I probably wouldn't be overly bothered, but if I heard something like that more than once then I would listen and act upon it.

10. ImKarn23 profile image78
    ImKarn23posted 6 years ago

NOT! If someone said that to me I wouldn't lose weight - I'd lose THEM! Now...said someone said something like this instead: 'Baby, I've noticed you might have put on a little weight lately? Is everything ok? Do you want to go for a walk(bike ride?) and talk about it?' Now - that would be a different scenario entirely...

11. nifwlseirff profile image98
    nifwlseirffposted 6 years ago

Losing weight and becoming fit requires a lot of inner strength, especially when in chronic pain. Often, the people who should be the greatest source of support, sabotage and demotivate. read more

working