jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any tips for helping reduce high blood pressure?

1. cabmgmnt profile image86
    cabmgmntposted 6 years ago

Any tips for helping reduce high blood pressure?

I was just put on blood pressure medicine looking for ways to reduce my blood pressure so I don't have to rely on a prescription drug.

2. profile image0
    Dr Mohamed Rabieposted 6 years ago

I think one of the most common substances that elevate your blood pressure is caffeine. You should reduce your daily consumption of black beverages, Cola, tea and coffee. You should also reduce the fats you eat. They increase blood pressure indirectly by reducing the elasticity of your blood vessels leading to hypertension and other serious problems such as thrombosis (blood clotting inside vessels).

3. smzclark profile image59
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

this has mostly been answered, but also, if you smoke; stop! alcohol intake is a 'no no' and drink you r 6-8 glasses of water a day (minimum)

4. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Decrease meat and salt consumption; exercise; don't eat sugar; don't eat trans fats at all, and moderate saturated fats.  Read All Food Labels, period.  Learn about nutrition and what you're putting into your body.  smile

5. profile image49
    barb321posted 6 years ago

Decrease dietary sodium and, just as important, increase dietary potassium.  (Search internet for lists of foods containing each.  You will be amazed at how much sodium you are consuming and how little potassium.)  No fast foods!  Whey Isolate protein shakes & pomegranate juice also helpful.  Also research nutritional ways to increase nitric oxide in your body.