jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do when diuretics don't stop headaches, high blood pressure and swol

1. cindyvine profile image86
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

What do you do when diuretics don't stop headaches, high blood pressure and swollen ankles and doctors are stumped?

2. freelanceworld profile image60
    freelanceworldposted 8 years ago

Generally  doctors dont get stumped that easily, except when there is something supernatural

Better consult a more experienced doctor or specific  health institution.

There are so many wide variety of drug classes available for Hypertension than just Diuretics.

High B.P is a symptom not Disease or Cause
    Finding & Banging on the cause is the  real Rx.

Hope that helps you and the pt.
    Regards smile

3. anitariley65 profile image69
    anitariley65posted 8 years ago

I have all of these symptoms with my kidney disease. Diuretics may worsen your headache. Believe it or not, you can have fluid retention in certain parts of your body and STILL BE DEHYDRATED. I would try to get a second opinion about your symptoms, it sounds as if your Dr. is in the middle of a misdiagnosis.

4. myawn profile image60
    myawnposted 8 years ago

Drink plenty of water and get a second opinon..You may need more tests and  a different medication. They may be missing something, Don't be afraid but don't take any chances.

5. theyogaworkshop profile image54
    theyogaworkshopposted 8 years ago

Do you have a daily practice of relaxation?  Stress contributes to so many ailments and my suggestion would be to start a daily yoga nidra session to begin reducing stress and promoting healing within.  After a good week of this you may start to notice a decrease in some symptoms.  You can purchase a Yoga Nidra cd online, and one reccomendation would be  Healing Tools, 3 CD set, $22, and here is the link: http://www.integrativeyogatherapy.com/ click on the products menu, and then scroll down to find. 

I would also recommend a daily meditation practice.  This can help alleviate the headaches and high blood pressure.    It will bring mindfullness to your day and everything that you do.  Self care is vital for good health.

These are some self help techiques that if done consistently can make a positive difference.

6. rmcrayne profile image97
    rmcrayneposted 8 years ago

Go to an alternative health care provider, such as a naturopath, herbalist or homeopath.  You'll be bowled over by how much they know and wonder why Western culture is so married to MDs and pharmaceuticals.

7. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 8 years ago

are you able to walk a bit Cindyvine? are you watching that you are not sitting in a dependent position for hours at a time? are you sure you arent taking in too much sodium? those food labels are buggers I know but read them and stay away from sodium and potassium!!do not use frozen egs they have more sodium than canned/canned vegs at least you can rinse an absolutely see your MD or chamge your MD!!!! my grandmother Barden fired her docs on a regular basis smile

8. profile image46
    yricposted 7 years ago

I know one way - with finger tips of both hands press  strongly middle line  of head from front to back hair border (there are many acupuncture points there) . On every place press approximately for 10 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times. It helps. You'll feel  relief soon.

working