jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which are your favorite self help books and why?

1. whizcreed profile image67
    whizcreedposted 6 years ago

Which are your favorite self help books and why?

2. SimpleGiftsofLove profile image80
    SimpleGiftsofLoveposted 6 years ago

Addiction - A Banquet in the Grave because it gets at what drives addiction and how to fill the empty gaping soul hole that causes people to crave anything in order not to feel,

3. creativebutterfly profile image60
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

Being in Balance by Dr. Wayne Dyer is one of mine, I have the Audio version, he is great to listen to and makes sense.

4. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Think and Grow Rich is one of my favorites. Self help books are actually also my favorite type of book to read. This book laid out such simple principles that we all should follow to improve our lives. It is such an old book that it, I believe, is now in the public domain which means that anyone can get a free copy of it to read and I'd highly recommend doing so.

5. KrystalD profile image79
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

The Artist Way by Julia Cameron is my favorite self-help book because it is well written amd effective. I love the way she outlines activities that work for getting your creative juices flowing. I also appreciate that she uses resources from all around the world and from throughout history. I feel this takes out the "ego factor" and says, "here is what people have been saying all over the world and from the begining of time. Use it because it works and not because I say so." I love that.